Hello everyone I know that you will obviously favor the curve vs the blackjack... but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bobertstowers no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Curve Vs Blackjack

Advertisement

Hello everyone
    I know that you will obviously favor the curve vs the blackjack... but I am getting my first smartphone and I have it narrowed down to these two and was wanting some advice input etc. here are some things that I am looking for.
    I read my email a lot
    I like multimedia things
    I need to get organized (i'm hoping my new phone will help with this)
    A good browser
    ease of use
    Those are some of the basics. again any input would be appreciated
    Robert

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Curve Vs Blackjack

Hi bobertstowers and Welcome to PinStack All I can say is the BlackJack is not a very welcome word around a BB forum lol. Lot of folks here don't care for it. My advice would be to go with the Curve. You can't go wrong. It is the best little device there is and has everything you are looking for.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

fossiltkm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA8A73

Hey my friend!
    I've owned a Blackjack, and returned it within a week! Battery life is terrible, I guess that's why they give you two. It does run on the 3G network, but this feature cripples the life of the battery. It runs on the I believe it still runs on Windows Mobile 5 with the option to upgrade to WM6, but last I checked, WM6 was very buggy.

This phone lags. It takes forever to transfer files and sending and opening emails. Even when you are typing it lags. When the Stop/End Call button is pressed, open applications do not actually stop and free up memory. You have to go through the menu to open up the Task Manager and select the program to end it.

The RF on the Blackjack is not as good as a regular phone. I have no doubt about this because I've seen it on 2 phones and I have compared to my Friends phone. In a marginal area it sucks.

This is my opinion of a Smartphone that could have been so much better!

Hope this helps!

delana0608 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241314A7

I don't have any experience with the Blackjack, so I can't do a comparison like fossil, but I can tell you that the Curve is my first smartphone and I adore it. I really don't think you can go wrong with a Curve.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Not sure about the blackjack but I'm lovin the curve

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

That last requirement: "Ease of Use" pretty much narrows it down to the Curve alone. E-mail, there is no better device than a blackberry for that. The Multimedia on the Curve is amazing! I don't use my mp3 player anymore. If you don't like the Blackberry browser, you can always download Opera Mini or something like that.

The Blackjack is crappy. Overcomplicated, you have to go through 5 steps to do something simple. There are a lot of hidden menu's in the BJ, and stuff that you will never use. Windows Mobile 5 is not a reliable Operating System, it freezes, craps out, or just plain shuts down. The keyboard on the BJ is complicated, and if you have more than one email address, your SOL.

I say go with the Curve...

...unless you want grey hair early!
    Cingular is now the new at&t

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

the curve is a great phone

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

well i am a previous owner of a blackjack and now the new owner of the curve. I can tell you the cons and plus on each one. The blackjack is a windows mobile phone wich is easy to custumize, it is also 3G which is ver nice, so thhe browser is going to be very quik also it has windows media player. some application take a bit time to load, the battery life well now the put to on it one that is the short that will not last you at all if u use your phone to much and the extended wich is pretty long lasting. the cons of this phone are is the keyboard it is way to crampted and the apps are a bit slugish, 3g uses alot of your battery also, i had to keep switching to edge and 3g to make my battery last more than one day, emails well its not the best.

the curve well i only have had it for a week and im in love with it, for emailing its the best don't go looking for another phone, brwoser...even though its not 3g its still pretty quik, quiker than i expected. i like how you can change your themes in blackberrys, also the keyboard is by far better, the track ball or however it is called makes it very easy to navigate. battery life its pretty long lasting even if you use it to much, but ofcourse its a pda it wont klast you forever, the only thing im kinda upset as of right now is that the screen gets dust in it in the right corner there have been a few complaints and still no way to fix it. but besides that i think its one of the best phones out there and im not saying the blackjack sucks because it doesnt i liked it a lot but im glad i bought this phone cuz im very pleased with it. hoped it help.

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I have owned both and the curve is far superior to the blackjack, the email is much better on the curve and just in general the ease of use is better with the curve. I have never owned anything that is as much of a battery sucking monster as the blackjack is. I had a lot of problems with the blackjack locking up as well. The only plus that the blackjack has over the curve is the external micro sd slot. Trust me go with the curve you will enjoy it much more.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey everyone is exactly correct Curve is the only to go. That's what I'm usin now.

bobertstowers no está en línea Stack level 1

I think I have been convinced

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't have a curve or a bj but I have to say imho the curve is a much more attractive phone. And I've heard a lot of bj battery horror stories.