Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I gotta start out by saying that I love my 8800. When I first took ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Curve vs. 8800

Advertisement

I gotta start out by saying that I love my 8800. When I first took it out of the box, it was like we were running twords each other across a grassy meadow to meet in a warm embrace. Too dramatic? OK. It has everything I need. I do heavy text and email. I don't need a camera on my phone, I have a camera all ready. I use my gps for work every day. I like the browser, but if I want to surf, I use my PC. The only thing I have really seen on the Curve so far that really caught my eye was some of the updated organizer software.

I read over and over how awesome the Curve is, and how much it rocks, and how it seems to be the be all end all. What exactly is so great? I'm not trying to knock the Curve , or any fellow Stackers. It is a beautiful phone. I just want to know what makes it so special, compared to Blackberrys that people are switching from.
    Andy

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

Re: Curve vs. 8800

i don't understsand what you are asking? the curve is a blackberry....for me, i had the pearl, and i like a qwerty board rather than a suretype. i'm more of a consumer end than a business end. the pearl and the curve are directed more towards the consumer in my opinion, where as the 8800 is directed more towards the business.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am a business user that also switched from a Pearl but used an 8800 in the middle.. And just the keyboard improvement alone justified the move 4 me... In addition to the multimedia enhancements which have always been a BB detriment...

GPS is in every 1 of my vehicles.. I don't need it in my pocket or on my hip. What makes it special is what u want to use it for. I only want to carry 1 device -- not an ipod, a phone and an email device

My Curve gives me all of that

budbundy2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You're right Schufly, the Curve is a cool phone but it just doesn't look as good as the 8800. Also I heard that browsing is slower on the Curve. If the Curve had GPS and WIFI than I would consider getting it. I know that you can buy a GPS reciever or whatever it is for the Curve but from what I've read it doesn't come close to being as good as the internal GPS on the 8800 and if you're just walking around using the Curve with the GPS receiver it would be a little awkward. I think the largest selling BB would be one with a camera, GPS, WIFI and 3G.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Would someone explain to me the benefit of WiFi on a BB? If data access is unlimited (which most BB users purchase) what is the advantage of having to be in range of a WiFi hot spot?

This remains lost on me...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

RoC1909 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2403CAA5

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    Would someone explain to me the benefit of WiFi on a BB? If data access is unlimited (which most BB users purchase) what is the advantage of having to be in range of a WiFi hot spot?

This remains lost on me...
    Don't just think about WiFi with hotspots. How about you having a wireless network in your house and logging into it with your BB and having access to everything on it.

Nuff said.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Not to mention the speed increase you'd see surfing.

To the OP, it really sounds like the 8800 fits your personal needs better than the curve.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi guys
    I think I am in a positively strong position to offer some judgement on this issue as I have both 8800 and 8300 and am using them both in my daily professional life and private life.
    To start wih, when you hold the 8800 in your hands you feel you are driving a Bently or a Rolls Royce and the car is in command not you, but with 8300 curve I feel that I am driving a Fiat or similar for that matter. That is physical side of it. Facially though 8800 is far better looking than 8300 and much more pro like than anything else. Operational wise, 8800 is much more stable and sturdy machine with less hang ups and crashes and necessity to reboot.
    Having said all that, I take the curve with me outside the office hours , in bars, restaurants, cinema and practicaly everywhere that i am not conducting business. It is lighter , smaller and sits in the palm of your hand pretty easily and into one's shirt's top pocket like a bird into its nest.
    The curve is definitely more appealing to the consumer because of its weight and size and the camera but that is where the comparison ends. Dirung all the time that I have had the Curve I have not taken one single picture with the camera, and this shows how useful the camera is!!!
    Choosing one is very subjective and depends a lot on your way of life and business. After all they are both from Blackberry family and I love them both and use them on thier own merit.
    Regards to all.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

That's so true. That would be like me comparing (which I actually did when I had both models) the 7100t and 7105t. Both of them are portable and feature SureType. But for me, that's where the similarities ended. It was the browsing speed, the screen readability and durability, and the color, plus the slightly more candy bar shape of it than the 7100t, that made the 7105t my favorite of the 2. I hated to have to give it up but I went thru 2 of them and replaced it with a Pearl. I still see the 7105t out in use today which makes me miss it even more.

Dcfrog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I had a 8800 and I went on a vacation to europe where I used the gps alot it was cool to tell my friend from Paris that she was wrong and watch get upset when I used the GPS to get us walking the right way to a few places.
    But when I went to the store just to see the curve then I felt it! I had to have it.It feels so much better in my hands then the 8800 and its the perfect size.if the main purpose of a blackberry is to type emails and text then I think that a curve feels better. I most say that I have noticed that sometimes the curve is a lil slower to open folders or files but after deleting a few unused apps its gotten better. One thing that got on my nerves about the 8800 was how after 2weeks the sides started to creek when you squeeze it, besides for that it was great, no problems but its just a lil too big for me. The curve actualy feels like a phone(sturdy too) and my curve has not had any problem yet (on the 2nd week). By the way I sold my 8800 to a freind that needed a BB and she loves the thing.

To start wih, when you hold the 8800 in your hands you feel you are driving a Bently or a Rolls Royce and the car is in command not you, but with 8300 curve I feel that I am driving a Fiat or similar for that matter.
    This is so true. A couple of reviews I've read also say that the Curve is more for ladies. I can't say I agree with that. Any BB ever made is geared toward male or female. Any way you look at it they're both awesome devices. I do really like my 8800 though.

Joey Ruff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f52e12

I like the fact the curve has a 3.5 mm jack for stereo phones. Besides that, I don't get it. There is so little improved here that people are making up bullshit to compensate. Things like the curve's "enhanced multimedia". What does that mean? Curve doesn't view or play anything an 8800 can't. People are just confused by the razzle dazzle. But I'm sure overweight people with chubby fingers like the new keyboard. Oh and you can take the sd card out of the 8800 without pulling the battery. Yea, hot swapping always sucked. Glad that was improved

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Curve Wins Hands Down. And I Use Both Daily

bpd
    bpd no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve's keyboard is way better than the 8800, and it's smaller and lighter and fits nicely in the pocket ...

One thing Curve loses with is speed and reception. They are both bad on the Curve. Guess they had to put a camera in it to compensate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast