I'm hoping someone here may have had some experience with Amazon, and could potentially shed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve via Amazon - tremendous headache

Advertisement

I'm hoping someone here may have had some experience with Amazon, and could potentially shed some light on my situation.

In short, my question is as follows: What happens to your service plan when you return a phone purchased through Amazon? (keep in mind that the 2-year service plan was also purchased through Amazon as a condition to purchasing the phone).

Story: I purchased the phone 2 months ago (curve 8300). Dust started accumulating under the screen. Exchanged it--same problem. Exchanged it again--same problem. I communicated with the distribution center and learned that every single Curve 8300 they own is made in Mexico (manufacturing site that produces "dusty" phones).

Amazon is unwilling to allow me to exchange the 8300 for the 8310. And so, they are forcing me to return the 8300 in full, and purchase the 8310. But what is to happen to my service plan? All Amazon reps have told me that the service plan will remain unchanged. All AT&T reps have told me that it will "reset" to where I was prior to having purchased the Amazon phone (month-to-month). I still do not have a straight answer.

I just got off phone with Amazon customer service rep; she just told me to "return the phone, call ATT and have them cancel your service plan, then purchase a new phone, with a new plan." When I told her I'd incur a huge early termination fee, she froze up and didn't know what to say.

Even if I should decide to return the phone to Amazon, and go to the AT&T store and just drop the $200.00, what will happen to my service plan? I can only get that price if I enter into a new 2-year contract. But I just entered one 2 months ago!

Please help....

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Curve via Amazon - tremendous headache

hmmm... i am not sure... i would think if you are getting a full return on the phone the same should be true of the service plan, but i do not know.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Since your plan is with AT&T I would call them and inquire what to do. I don't think Amazon would have much information on this part of the deal.

I'm pretty sure if you explain to them what happened they can resolve your issue. If the first person do not help just escalate the matter until you get where you want. Managers, supervisors, etc.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Perhaps they have a "retention" person that may be able to help? Try posting this, or asking a mod to move it, in the ATT section. I knwo we have some ATT workers who may be able to shed some light or tell you what to do. Good luck!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks all for the help. I called AT&T and was told that with Amazon in particular, AT&T will reset my account back to how it was prior to my Amazon purchase. In particular, when I effectuate the return, Amazon is supposed to send a "no install" notification to AT&T, which will then prompt AT&T to reset my account.

In the event that I was told some mis-information, the CSR notated the info on my account. Hope it works! 8310 here I come! Please lord no dust!!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Good luck!!! It can be a TANGLE working with them (customer service in general )sometimes!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?