If I were to buy a Curve that was form AT&T and I wanted to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve unlocked

Advertisement

If I were to buy a Curve that was form AT&T and I wanted to use it for T-mobile would it work? Would I have to unlock it? And if I did, have to unlock it, how much does it cost and how do I do it?
    Thank You

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you could buy the code off ebay, or TMO should give or sell you the code with a little persuasion. I think they are about $15. And yes it would work if it were unlocked.

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2
    how would i know if the code is the right one if i were to buy the unlock code off ebay?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    it will be, besides if you pay with Paypal, the transaction is insured. look for a vendor that has a high feedback rating with a lot of transactions. this ensures they are reputable

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyj125 View Post
    If I were to buy a Curve that was form AT&T and I wanted to use it for T-mobile would it work? Would I have to unlock it? And if I did, have to unlock it, how much does it cost and how do I do it?
    Thank You
    I think these guys are reputable just for a specific reference.)

http://www.gsmphonesource.com/
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Cmac no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know if they require you to have the device activated for a period of time, but you can call AT&T direct for the unlock codes. Just tell them that you're traveling to Europe and want to use a local in country SIM for cheaper phone calls. I've done this multiple times

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    To answer your question Yes the phone will work on t-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    To answer your question Yes the phone will work on t-mobile
    Actually, when you get it unlocked it'll work with any carrier's SIM, domestic, foreign or otherwise as far as I know. I used an unlocked O2 pearl, with both T-Mobile (my U S carrier) and French (SFR-Vodafone) SIMs without a hitch. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Except for Nextel or Sprint sim cards. But, will all the data work as well if you get a BB data package? Like internet and wi-fi??

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by myberrysrblack View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Except for Nextel or Sprint sim cards. But, will all the data work as well if you get a BB data package? Like internet and wi-fi??
    AT&T Curve does not have WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    AT&T Curve does not have WiFi.
    Right Red. I think they offer wi-fi in the 8820 and are scheduled to get the 8120 but have not announced the date. Also their wi-fi does not currently include any calling feature - only data I believe.

vikter no está en línea Stack level 1
    An unlocked AT&T curve will work on T-Mobile. You will have to change the TCP settings from AT&T to T-Mobile so that you can use the internet.

Not all AT&T curves can be unlocked. I tried to unlock one throught a service on ebay and they told me that my unlock code was not in their database. I got a full refund for the unlock service.

I ended up buying a phone that was already unlocked. I suggest buying an unlocked phone to be on the safe side. It will cost a little bit more but I think its worth it so that you don't end up stuck with an unlockable phone.