Hey guys. So about 2 weeks ago I've been having some issues with my Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

Curve Turning Off!

Advertisement

Hey guys.
    So about 2 weeks ago I've been having some issues with my Curve 8320. I'll be in the middle of a phone call and my Curve will just shut off, even with full connection to my carrier and full battery power. But it doesn't just happen with phone calls I could just have my Curve sitting there and it will randomly shut off and even the battery pull won't turn it back on. I have to hook it up to my charger in order for it to turn back on. I've tried the battery pull, updating my os, deleting everything off my memory card, deleting viigo and opera mini (heard it could cause this problem), wiped handheld, and even left my memory card out while using the phone for a couple days. I still have the same problem occurring... and at this point I don't know what else to do! Now I'm having to use my Pearl 8100 cause I can't use a phone that shuts itself off everytime I'm on a call or just texting.
    PINSTACKERS PLEASE HELP ME!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    If you are withing the 30 days return it to your carrier and get a new one. if not, call and use the RIM warranty and get a new one.

Have you tried to wipe it with JL commander and reload the OS?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Sad thing is I got this Curve in January and I bought it off Crackberry.com so I don't think I can return it to RIM or anything like that! How do you do the JL commander wipe?

PIN/ID
    BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS----are you by any chance running a 4.5OS on your phone? That was known to restart several of the phones randomly. Try formatting your memory card in the phone first (back up the mem card before doing this)....

1- Open DM and backup your phone----EVERYTHING

2-Download JL Commander (i'll find you the link here in a sec).....install it on the computer.

3- Once JL is installed, run it and choose the wipe option.

4. Your phone will show a 507 error (its supposed to)

5- Open DM again, and install the latest OS onto your phone.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452

There's JL Commander if you need it

I'm currently running v4.2.2.184 Platform 2.5.0.40. Also my memory card is now completely empty so I don't think I need to format it anymore lol.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    What she meant "sorry" is reload your device OS it will maybe fix the issues you got but every BB I got with that issue you got I end up taking is back to TMO and get a replacement since noting stop the restarting
    Last edited by BBP; 06-28-2008 at 01:13 PM.

PIN/ID
    BBP---I am a girl thank you! LOL! I thought I looked rather feminine on my Avitar pic! LOL!

Still format the card. Then take the OS off your computer. Download and re-install it fresh. Install JL. Back up your phone with DM. Wipe with JL. And reinstall. Give your phone a "fresh start"

Still no luck...

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by rozzy9 View Post
    Still no luck...

Have you contacted anyone at RIM directly about this issue?

I am in agreement with most everyone here. If you are outside your mobile carrier's return period, go right to the manufacturer. It's sounding more like hardware than software perhaps.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

I spoke to RIM today actually... they said the best they can do is exchange my Curve for one of their refurb Curve's. Problem is, alot of people are having this issue, and many are exchanging their phones and still having this problem with their new phones.

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I didn't have a problem with this until this morning. Phone had worked flawlessly but happened twice today. Could it have been something to do with the Bis 2.5 update this past weekend?

I doubt it had something to do with the 2.5 update since so many 8300 series phones are randomly having this issue as well.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    try updating to the new version i see your with fido so they probably will not have update there. The 8320 is a t-mobile phone you either bought on craigslist or from a us carrier ? look for the latest update and update it thought desktop manager. If this still does not work try to reload the OS MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST ! Mybe call t-mobile to see if they could replace it because there is a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on the device i believe. Good Luck hope you can find a problem to fix your issue.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb JL Commander

bad link! it wont open! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452

There's JL Commander if you need it