Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i just returned my 8320 to t-mo due to a defect. however, the top part ... BlackBerry Curve forum

beezbreezy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242DECF2

Re: Curve top rubber paint flaking?

Advertisement

i just returned my 8320 to t-mo due to a defect. however, the top part of my curve (the rubber part) is also flaking away....will this void the 1 year manufacturer warranty?

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

Believe it or not, the same thing happened with my Curve and I removed the rubberized coating to reveal a glossy-like surface. Works for me!! BTW - I was careful not to let the shavings get into the speaker.

mgalloway no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine is flaking off also...Shinny black underneath?? Might have to help the flaking alittle.

314aaron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    No need!
    Quote Originally Posted by EB View Post
    Believe it or not, the same thing happened with my Curve and I removed the rubberized coating to reveal a glossy-like surface. Works for me!! BTW - I was careful not to let the shavings get into the speaker.
    Mine too! I used my finger nail to remove is all. Next I will work on the sides. Looks cooler with shiny black!

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by 314aaron View Post
    Mine too! I used my finger nail to remove is all. Next I will work on the sides. Looks cooler with shiny black!
    I ended up doing the same. Looks much better on the top now.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Mine is flaking off, just a tiny tiny bit though... good thing I have insurance from Tmobile

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll View Post
    Nope, the shield zone one is very different. Thats what I ordered because it is thicker, clearer and covers more. I have a BSE for my pearl and it leaves the whole sides unprotected. Also I have only had the BSE on for about 2 months and its already scratched and it was never totally invisable. But I have a sheild zone cover on my video ipod and it is sweet. Looks amazing and you cannot scratch it at all. Its more money but they will just keep replacing it as long as you have the device.
    Not only is it not "very different" it's the same thing. FYI, the material used on a shieldzone is the EXACT same product, it may in fact cover a couple of sides or a top that BSE doesn't, but the actual product is the same (I've had and used both), shieldzone just chooses to cover some portions of a phone that BSE does not. Also, the solution that you make yourself (You MUST use baby shampoo for best results) is 10 times better than that apple junk they send with the skin.....And you do not want that material on the rubberized spray portion of your blackberry, trust me on this. And as far as the "lifelong replacement" that doesn't really do most people justice because you can buy 3 BSE's for the price of one Shieldzone, also the LONGEST I'm going to keep a phone is a year and even then, I doubt I could go through 3 BSE's considering how long they last. And the lifelong replacement isn't transferrable, it's only good for that certain phone........so once you change phones you lose the replacement....
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

314aaron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    No need!

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Mine is flaking off, just a tiny tiny bit though... good thing I have insurance from Tmobile
    Drop the insurance. It is a scam.

Scrap all that rubber crap off the sucka. It looks nicer without it.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Can't say I have any paint flakes, and I got my curve launch day. I don't use that button much and have the regular BB leather case.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB

I noticed the flaking and helped it along so i could see the nice shiny black underneath. Looks better.

scoundrel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242100A9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com
    Had the same issue with a 8300 and now with my 8320, build quaility issue. Scratched the rubber on the 8300 and it ended up not shinny but dull and with scratch marks on the top. Also, the plastic screen gets easly scratched, RIM should have used material like used on SE, Nokia, Motorola and etc... Phones.

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24 View Post
    The curve on top of my curve near the standy button is flaking like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this? There are 3 other curves in my house and none have this.

Mine also flakes a little on the top. I like the leather case it came with. And I don't put any solution on it to clean it... only thing I can think of is that I hold the phone there a lot, and maybe the oils from my fingers are weaking it.
    --
    Walt

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    hmm interesting, not sure but i dont see any flaking on mine, i just have some screen protector, and the OEM case. btw, i just ordered screen skin from BSE. my screen protector makes my phone loook like crap because of the bubbles on the side and stuff like that.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    i take it back, i got one too.. hahaha but its ok, normal signs of wear and tear.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Mine doesn't seem to be flaking but, then again, I do have a hard pink case on it which I bought from a T-mo store for $9.99 plus tax.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast