Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The curve on top of my curve near the standy button is flaking like crazy. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

Curve top rubber paint flaking?

Advertisement

The curve on top of my curve near the standy button is flaking like crazy. Has anyone else experienced this? There are 3 other curves in my house and none have this.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Curve top rubber paint flaking?

I hope you dont mind me asking, what do you use cleaning it? It's usually acidity. I suggest you get a silicon or a leather case to protect it.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Mine is doing the same thing. Its the protective coating on top. I also did read about someone else was having the same problem.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah, mine started scraping off from the seidio clip. I went back to the OEM leather pouch and no further problems.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't use anything to clean it and I go caseless. Nothing could make me put a case on it.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

I know cherrichiodo will be by to plug BSE, but I thought I'd beat her to it. Just go to www.bestskinsever.com, a full body kit is like $6.99. Well worth the small investment.

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    I know cherrichiodo will be by to plug BSE, but I thought I'd beat her to it. Just go to www.bestskinsever.com, a full body kit is like $6.99. Well worth the small investment.
    Which if you have one, you would know it doesnt cover the part that is flaking. Therfore making the BSE only slightly less than best.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Which if you have one, you would know it doesnt cover the part that is flaking. Therfore making the BSE only slightly less than best.
    That's correct, I don't have one. It hasn't arrived yet. So, does the Shield Zone one cover that area? If not, then I'd have to say that puts BSE back on top.

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    That's correct, I don't have one. It hasn't arrived yet. So, does the Shield Zone one cover that area? If not, then I'd have to say that puts BSE back on top.
    To the best of my knowledge, the shieldzone is the EXACT same thing as the BSE except 3 times the price. I have had BSE on several phones and devices and will not have anything without one. I swear by them. Doesnt mean they cover everything on the phone though, just important parts.

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    To the best of my knowledge, the shieldzone is the EXACT same thing as the BSE except 3 times the price. I have had BSE on several phones and devices and will not have anything without one. I swear by them. Doesnt mean they cover everything on the phone though, just important parts.
    Nope, the shield zone one is very different. Thats what I ordered because it is thicker, clearer and covers more. I have a BSE for my pearl and it leaves the whole sides unprotected. Also I have only had the BSE on for about 2 months and its already scratched and it was never totally invisable. But I have a sheild zone cover on my video ipod and it is sweet. Looks amazing and you cannot scratch it at all. Its more money but they will just keep replacing it as long as you have the device.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll
    Nope, the shield zone one is very different. Thats what I ordered because it is thicker, clearer and covers more. I have a BSE for my pearl and it leaves the whole sides unprotected.
    I was referring to just the curve products, not the pearl. I cant comment on any differences with the pearl even though I had a BSE on there too and never had any issues.

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

I would be willing to bet if you put anything like BSE or Shield zone over that rubber, the first time you took it off to replace it the rubber would peel off with it. It seems to me that its just a spray coating that didn't stick to well.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat
    I would be willing to bet if you put anything like BSE or Shield zone over that rubber, the first time you took it off to replace it the rubber would peel off with it. It seems to me that its just a spray coating that didn't stick to well.
    I completely agree. Ive seen this on a lot of other products before and I dont know why manufacturers keep using this. It obviously always wears down and then they have to replace products under defective claims. Doesnt make sense to me.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

There was also a post about a hard case, rubberized backing all aroun 1mm thick ( I dare you to measure it). but anyway, that might be a good solution.

Here is the link:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=787

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think RIM should address the defect and also address the dust that sometimes gets under your screen. We pay a lot of money for our devices and we expect quality. Getting a case is great protection for the abuse I sometimes give me BB but protecting it from it self is not what a case is made for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast