Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Been thinking about it BUT my bb is so durable and reliable, don't know looks ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835

Advertisement

Been thinking about it BUT my bb is so durable and reliable, don't know looks kinda delicate might break easy. Think I will wait till after christmas and see it in the stores before I decide.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    @ nickjoedotcom

uhm..I did say "looks like it has the curve beat" ... Now, you have to understand what Android actually is. Google's OS is not stopping with the G1. in a year's time we could see 10 or more of these devices. some look just amazing! you might even see it on a BB one day! Don't get me wrong, id take BB over any phone but the option i'm left with is a flip on TMO. And since i don't have the, anything other than BB is evil, attitude I'm able to make this choice! Get real! the curve was the best! the Bold is FAR superior & the thunder will be as well so don't kid yourself! the G1 looks superior as well!
    Last edited by rdills; 09-30-2008 at 02:49 PM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Your actual statement said "looks like it has the curve beat on everything except emails". One of the things that makes the curve so popular is the security and reliability of the OS. The G1 does look awesome. I am looking forward to the device in my store. I am even planning on getting one (for the wife, I need my emails too much to leave BB at this point) but don't think for one bit that it will outshine the BB devices for the short term.

It still has a lot of road to catch up on with the other guys. Apple had a stepping stone they used with thier long track record on ipods and macs. Google is known for search engines but are still an unkown when it comes to hardware and for that matter OS's. As my boss said "What does this have that makes it any different than any other device out there?". My only answer was Android which truly makes it no different than getting a wing since Android's reliability and long term durability is still in question until it has been in the market for 6 months at least.

Despite all the above I think it will do very well in sales because of the price point they are bringing it in at. It is an attractive device and does offer a nice feature set for the money. Given the other options at that price point, it will do much better than the current offering of HTC devices running Windows Mobile in my opinion. We will see how it truly does when it launches.

Zo

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I agree with you Amigo.. It wont outshine the new BBs in the short term. But because it will constantly evolve, it will be hard to beat down the line! my point was it appears to be better that the curve right now with what Ive seen so far. It has flaws just like the curve but it has a lot of features i only wish my curve had! It has wifi, gps, and 3g connectivity!!!! A 3.2 inch hi resolution touch screen, the browser is light years ahead of the curve's,3.2 mega pix. camera, customizable everything, full qwerty, and eager developers who want to create tons of apps for it since its an open platform! So id say thats a hell of a start!

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I have to agree. Google and HTC have provided a very nice platform (in the hardware side) to launch this unit with. I am unhappy about the lack of UMA but hopefully they will be able to enable that at a future date. Considering that there isn't a WM device currently that has UMA I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of that feature.

The nice thing is that, provided there are no delays (crosses fingers), we will know in less than 30 days what hype meets the functions.

Zo

crtfs1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B73C2E
    One big question I have is this: "Will the G1 track everything you do like Chrome does?"

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    I have to agree. Google and HTC have provided a very nice platform (in the hardware side) to launch this unit with. I am unhappy about the lack of UMA but hopefully they will be able to enable that at a future date. Considering that there isn't a WM device currently that has UMA I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of that feature.

The nice thing is that, provided there are no delays (crosses fingers), we will know in less than 30 days what hype meets the functions.

Zo

So true friend... Im praying they put the UMA calling in before the launch! thats all most a deal breaker for me! But I have faith that they will. It has wifi so it only makes sense. I love the hotspot@home!

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I do like my Curve, my first BB. I got it with T-mo for UMA. No UMA on G1 IS a dealbreaker for me. I need a gps program too. I use Mapquest Navigator every night for my job.

I hope people are correct when they say UMA might be a software upgrade away. Then I would consider it. I want easy Mac syncing too. Higher resolution camera in G1 with autofocus is a plus.

Javelin is not 3g, so no point in that for me. I'm trying to stay rational here...

Bold maybe, if tmo gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    So true friend... Im praying they put the UMA calling in before the launch! thats all most a deal breaker for me! But I have faith that they will. It has wifi so it only makes sense. I love the hotspot@home!
    Last edited by galavanter; 10-01-2008 at 09:57 PM.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I am hoping it is myself. My tech and I were talking today and I noticed that none of the HTC devices on T-mobile have UMA. Hopefully it is just a software issue with WM devices and not that HTC doesn't know how to make a UMA phone.

Zo

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm posting this from a G1. Let me say this is a sweet phone! Its super fast(528MHz processor) and the only time I could get it to freeze was by sending like 70 messages at once. The keyboard is a little clunky compared to the curve cause the area with the tackball and other main buttons is there. I'm a bb aaddict but comparing the bb to the G1 is like comparing a bb to a nokia. I'l miss my bb msgr but I'm sure I'll live!

aeok no está en línea Stack level 1
    Posting from a g1. Very nice phone, very responsive. Well rounded phones with some nice apps availabe. Will miss my curve but I will live.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigiress15 View Post
    I'm posting this from a G1. Let me say this is a sweet phone! Its super fast(528MHz processor) and the only time I could get it to freeze was by sending like 70 messages at once. The keyboard is a little clunky compared to the curve cause the area with the tackball and other main buttons is there. I'm a bb aaddict but comparing the bb to the G1 is like comparing a bb to a nokia. I'l miss my bb msgr but I'm sure I'll live!

You have it already huh? You must be important!lol...pls could you share some details. Does it have UMA calling? What about MMS? Is the screen made of glass? No pc sync at all??

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    How Did Yall Get It First? Im Jealous!!!!

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm getting it .its only device that tmobile has that Has gps and wifi.god knows when t mobile is getting a new BB.they said it's not gonna get a bold so we have to wait for curveII(8900).so I get the G1 if not happy there is always ebay right? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Im saying the samething yoz im just gonna keep my curve and if I dont like the G1 I can always switch back

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast