anybody else making the switch?

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    What's g1? A new phone?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    The new Google Android. I might get one ot play with later but, not right now. Will not be my primary phone though, could not give up my crackberry.

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    I Said Once I Got My Curve I Would Not Get Another Phone, But When I Saw The G1 I Was Like Wow!!!!!! I Pre Ordered And Cant Wait To Get It, But I Think I Will Keep My Curve As Backup

corlissak no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D9084
    i was lookin at this phone too! i love my bb but.....decisions decisions
    ~Strong Believer in Karma~

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05
    Yeah I'm thinking about it as well. BUTTTTT I love my curve so I am still on the fence.
    BBADDICT8100@PINSTACK.COM
    NEW PIN 30694B05
    GOOGLETALK: JUDYJUSTIN973
    YAHOO: JUDYJUSTIN973
    AIM: JEEPGIRL2K3

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I pre-ordered mine the 1st day!! Black one of course... just until the Javelin drops! But who knows, it might be a keeper. I feel insulted by the flip BB! Android OS should be fun though! And its going to continue to get better over time. It takes some of the sting out of not getting the thunder which Is what i really want.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Looks like a cool phone and the price isn't bad. Ill have to demo it though, I'm still hooked on my curve.

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    Well, My Curve Has Been Giving Me Some Trouble (im Thinking Wear And Tear) So It May Be Time For A Change For Me

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Im definatly getting the G1 but also gonna keep my Curve too

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    There is no way I'd trade my BlackBerry for anything at this point. It would be an interesting secondary phone. I don't know if the G1 is ready to knock the competition out. Like most of Google's products they get a lot better over time. I'm positive the OS will be worth a much more serious look in a year from now.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    A year from now you'll be late to the party!!lol.. It could be a secondary phone to the Bold or Thunder, but the curve?!?! No contest! It looks like it has the curve beat on just about everything except probably e-mails!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~javelin is the one I'm waiting for.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm nervous about this one. I got the Shadow because it looked oh so cool, but it had nothing on the BlackBerry -- S L O W, horrible battery life, dropped calls, freezing up. I had to switch back! Maybe once it's out for a while and they've got the kinks worked out . . .

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    A year from now you'll be late to the party!!lol.. It could be a secondary phone to the Bold or Thunder, but the curve?!?! No contest! It looks like it has the curve beat on just about everything except probably e-mails!

Late? No probably not. 1st generation products leave much to be desired. And I'm sure you can tell it has the Curve or any other BlackBerry beat by personal experience?! But in all seriousness. Google makes a great set of products. However take Chrome for example. While sweet its not as good as Mozilla. Not yet anyway. And to be fair I think a years worth of time to try and match the skill and experience of a competitor is plenty generous. You can't really believe this phone will be so good that you can drop all other devices for it. It needs time to prove its spot. Like the iPhone (everyones favorite comparison phone) it has a unique niche of people it will instantly capture. But ultimately its going to take time to knock others OSes down a notch. I mean RIM just recently beat out WinMo, and that was years in the making.

So yes right now I say the Curve is a better phone, in fact I'd say its the best phone money can buy right now. Its proven, a solid performer and a fair price. Maybe the Storm or the Bold could be the future of RIM's best. But there is the factor of time again, these phone have to prove themselves.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast