So I am new to tethering and do not understand this. I have an 8320 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ck2
    ck2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve tethering issue keeps dropping internet after 3 minutes.

Advertisement

So I am new to tethering and do not understand this.
    I have an 8320 curve, my IT friend set it all up, downloaded all the drivers and it was working fine until it all of a sudden the internet browser would not load new pages but the internet (per the computer) was not disconnected. My phone gave me a 724 error: remote connection could not be found. So, as others said in another forum, replace the battery and try again. I did that and it worked, for about 4 minutes. Then repeated the same error message. One quirky thing I noticed was if I have itunes up alone and am syncing new cds to it, Itunes will read for about an hour and a half without this error happening (if I am using no browser). A few minutes after I pull a browser up the error happens again.
    Also this morning I went to use the browser on my BB (not being connected to the laptop) I received the 502 error about a bad gateway.
    Can anyone help me with this? I am being driven insane because I was so excited to get internet....
    If it matters I go through t-mobile and do have everything needed for Internet on my plan.
    Thank you so much everyone!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Not sure with tmo, but with sprint you need a phone as modem plan inorder to browse from your lt that's in addition to you bb data plan.

Just my thoughts...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    make sure your wifi is not on? also might want to do a battery pull to reset yourself to the providers network.

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Been struggling with this for months. All tmo ever tells me is the network gets overloaded at times and to pull the battery and keep resetting the bb till you get a stable connection. Sometimes after a few resewts I can go for a half hour before it crashes. Pathetic really but that how it is.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ck2
    Well at least it is not just an issue I alone am dealing with. I seriously cannot be on a browser for 5 minutes and last night I was on itunes importing for 3 hours without it dropping once. The second I try and go onto myspace or any graphic heavy website it drops. This is so frustrating! It is a waste to take the battery out every 5 minutes to have to redo it every 5 minutes.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ At least you're getting a little further than I am. I can't get my PC to even recognize my Pearl as a modem.

ck2
    anyone else think of anything? it is still happening with me.....now i am noticing more during peak times though.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Ive yet to encounter this problem. AFAIK when you have a blackberry account with data you are already given tether permission. Make sure your gateway on the phone is correct, that you have the newest OS version for TMO, and the rest of the basics. I personally have been able to spend hrs on tether without trouble.

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    do you have a password on your device? maybe security is causing a conflict....i.e.
    >connect to internet> screen times out> then device times out> password is triggered.

I would think that this would cause the connection to stop, causing everything to have to be setup again (pulling battery, and redialing connection).