Hello, I have a Curve 8300 AT&T that syncs with my Outlook 2007. The sync ... BlackBerry Curve forum

loudog no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve Sync Problem.

Advertisement

Hello, I have a Curve 8300 AT&T that syncs with my Outlook 2007. The sync works fine and it moves all of my data, but all of the appointments are 1 hour ahead. I have checked time and date settings in outlook, windows, and my blackberry all times and zones are the same. I have applied the time patch to the blackberry as well. It just started to happen. Any Suggestions?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    loudog, first off welcome to pinstack!

Are you on a BES? That should help us diagnose it.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

It is not on BES, sorry about my slow response, here is a recap of what ive tried already. Its a copy of an email i sent to some co workers to see if they had any ideas.

Alright so this is kind of a bizarre blackberry issue and I hope that someone out there has a solution for me. It all began with the client having a bad hdd, we replaced his hard drive and reloaded everything for him. His system is back to normal operation except for one thing. His blackberry is able to sync and it sends and receives data, but what's strange is if there is an appointment in outlook at say 8am, and it gets synced to the blackberry, it loads to the blackberry at 9am. If you make an appointment on the blackberry at 8am and sync it to outlook it goes to outlook at 7am. Also if you manually correct the time, say you synced from outlook to the blackberry and it set the appointment at 9 instead of 8 and you correct this on the blackberry and set it back to 8 and sync again, it does not revert back to the incorrect time and both outlook and the blackberry are correct.
    I have checked all date and time settings in bios, windows, outlook, and the blackberry. The blackberry is set to network time and the correct time zone. I have run the DST patches from Microsoft on outlook, windows, and also a DST patch from RIM on the blackberry. None of these have resolved the issue. I have also set everything up without any auto adjustment for DST and the issue still persists. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the blackberry desktop and office 2007. Both the blackberry, vista, and office at 100% up to date and there are no updates available. I also tried reverting from the current blackberry desktop manager (V 4.3)
    Any Ideas?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sounds like you checked pretty much everything, but for grins, did you check the time zone settings within Outlook Calendar?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You may want to just wipe all the calendar data and then try syncing again.

I have tried to clear the data through the advanced menu, and ive also done a complete data wipe, as well as an os reinstall with and without backup.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Sounds like you checked pretty much everything, but for grins, did you check the time zone settings within Outlook Calendar?
    Yes i did check the timezones in outlook, they were set the same as everything else.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I can't think of anything other than the time settings...I'm just stumped at this point sorry

Hopefully someone will see this and know a solution.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is the data being pulled from a pst or an exchange server?

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    Is the data being pulled from a pst or an exchange server?
    He mentioned earlier that it's not BES, so it's a pst.

Pretty strange situation.

Just because its not a bes does not mean its a PST. Even if you are not on a BES you can still use Desktop Manager to synchronize with your contacts which are stored on an exchange server.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    Just because its not a bes does not mean its a PST. Even if you are not on a BES you can still use Desktop Manager to synchronize with your contacts which are stored on an exchange server.
    Yeah, didn't think of that. I was assuming he was talking about his home PC and not work PC.

Its all comming from a local pst file.

You could try testing with a new blank pst. Wipe the device and setup a new profile in outlook with a blank pst. Add a couple of entries and see if the same thign happens