Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My Curve did it once, the other day... v4.2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39)... BlackBerry Curve forum

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Curve Reset itself?

Advertisement

My Curve did it once, the other day...
    v4.2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39)

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

still just a minor steback compared to what you experience with the wm platforms
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, my personal view is the blackberry is pretty stable, even the curve and 8800 from just a numbers standpoint. I would hesitate to say a first release phone, one week on the market is something to benchmark BB against. By the way, the iPhone is having its own share of issues, unfortunately the main issue is it freezing altogether and not being able to be reset. Not quite easy to do a battery pull when the battery is not user accessible.
    Problem is we, those that play on the forums, play with the OS versions, upgrade, and typically push our phones beyond what RIM would recommend. Try returning your phone after doing this and you will have violated warranty terms.

officer2701 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405E989

Here is my software...... v4.2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39)

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

it reset again. It's definately something to do with the ringtone change, that's the only time so far that it's happening. *knocks on wood*....I am going to take it to the cingular store tomorrow and exchange it if it keeps happening. I am wondering if I have too much runningi the background. How do I check that? Because when this is happening, I also have Jivetalk running in the background.

I have the newest Optus OS that was released.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

The only way to see whatis running is hit your menu key, hit switch application.
    I am using the 02 4.2.2.67 no reset ever yet and plenty of evil apps installed.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Definitely exchange it for a new unit. This was happening to a few of us last month and we all exhanged ours. My new device has yet to reset itself. Dust under the screen though is another issue.

PIN/ID

OK, I am going to exchange it tonight. It ONLY does it when I want to change ringtones, but it's driving me BONKERS!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID

I just bought the jivetalk though...and I only got the $19 one....now I'm gonna have to pay another $19 aren't I?

PIN/ID
    2405E989

Although it has only happened to me twice , I just got off the phone with Amazon and they are shipping me a new one.

PIN/ID
    2405E989

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    I just bought the jivetalk though...and I only got the $19 one....now I'm gonna have to pay another $19 aren't I?
    Give them a call and let them know whats going on and they will probably apply your certificate to you new curve. Im going to have to do the same thing. If not Im going to get the other plan and consider it a lesson learned. Good Luck!!!!

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

I've had a handful of random resets over the course of my 2 weeks of use. Here's my info:

Platform 2.4.0.39
    App Version: 4.2.2.89

Interesting looks like two of you are running the Rogers OS and having the reset issue. We will attribute sasha's to playing a bit too much, lol.
    Not really too much out there in regards to complaints on this particular OS. Officer - you mentioned returning yours to Amazon - did you buy yours for AT&T and put the Rogers OS on? If so, you might want to put the AT&T OS back on or at least try the optus, you might really like that OS.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Am I running rogers as well? I bought from Amazon and haven't done anything with the OS yet.

PIN/ID

I will email jive talk right now and I am going to take my phone back tonight. That stinks. LOL I hate starting all over again! Can I go to any Cingular store or do I have to go back to the one I bought it from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast