View Poll Results: Does the Trackball on the Pearl feel more sturdy than Curve's?

Voters
223. Register free to vote on this poll
  • YES, I notice that too.

138 61.88%
  • NO, you're alone on this sorry.

85 38.12%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by HanHookie I recently went through 3 Curve's (had a battery issue, and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Phantom Shinobi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240F1077

Re: Curve owners... (Trackball Question)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HanHookie
    I recently went through 3 Curve's (had a battery issue, and tried replacements), and the trackballs on each Curve felt very different from the next. I actually chose to stay with the 2nd 8300 I got, because of the trackball. I like the looser feeling, and the physical "click" feeling when selecting things. The other BB's trackballs felt like they were soaked in molasses prior to being assembled. They were stiff and way more sturdy...actually too sturdy imo. Anyway, yea...no comparison between Pearls and Curve's...but I notieced a wide variety in trackball quality between Curve's. My two cents...

Your so right, im on my 3rd Curve and the ball on this one is ummm to stiff or something, clicking it feels weird , the 1st two ones i had where better =/

Im thinking on replacing it again..

kevberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I must have jinxed myself because the LCD went bad the day after I posted in this thread... and it's been kind of a crap-shoot trying to get a good Curve since.

I'm on my 3rd Curve, and as far as the trackballs, they varied in rolling, click feedback, and led color on each unit.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

It's amazing how close this poll remains.

berrychick no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi

i live in the uk and my curve was purchased here, i find it to not have any tracker problems at all. The screen does not seem under any pressure when i click or roll. and it seems to be the right amount of sensitivity.

wako no está en línea Stack level 1

I was taking out my trackball yesterday to try to clean it because my dog hair seemed to have dropped between the cracks. Anyways, I noticed that one of the brackets seem to be missing when compared to the dissassembly of the Pearl trackball. The second metal bracket seems to be missing compared to the Pearl...

From this observation I think that is the reason why the trackball is less stable than the Pearl or even 8800...

The dissassembly Im talking about can be located at BlackBerryFAQ.com

I was taking out my trackball yesterday to try to clean it because my dog hair seemed to have dropped between the cracks. Anyways, I noticed that one of the brackets seem to be missing when compared to the dissassembly of the Pearl trackball. The second metal bracket seems to be missing compared to the Pearl...

From this observation I think that is the reason why the trackball is less stable than the Pearl or even 8800...

The dissassembly Im talking about can be located at BlackBerryFAQs
    Last edited by wako; 08-16-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged.

da5069 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242a596d

I had the same issue with my first curve. I returned it and the second one felt a lot better. Does anyone know why you can do the ringtone lighting on the pearl but not on the curve? Or know how to do it?

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

My trackball is hard like a dried pea. Not at all like a squishy ball found on the demo units, or the 8800s I've seen. Anyone else have this? It works okay --- rattles a bit when I move it, but otherwise fine.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

Mine is pretty sturdy...

taboolexicon no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the Pearl for about 5 months before I switched to the Curve, and I like the feel of the Curve ball better. The Pearl seemed rigid and almost out of place. Sure, it felt sturdy, but it felt like it stuck out. The recessed ball on the Curve is a better fit and very sensitive. I can't see myself breaking it or wearing it out anytime soon.

fossiltkm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA8A73

I've noticed the difference also. My Wife owns a Pearl, and the Trackball is sturdier, but on the other hand, I haven't had any issues whatsoever with my Curve.

hottie13078 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Curve owners... (Trackball Question)

==Trackball POPs Out!==
    Could have just been a flook but just days after the 30 day store warranty period, the trackball decided to just POP right out. Unable to keep it falling out after that, the ball was soon lost as well. The darn thing is just so tiny, it'll somehow manage to get lost when its safely zipped inside a pocket.

The device was replaced by RIM after extensive in store & on call checks, with a refurbished device. This was completely unknown to my boyfriend & I, being still under warranty we thought it would only be replaced by a brand new device, nothing less. When that 30 days is up its up!

We've already noticed a couple of problems with this less than 2 week old (to us), refurbished device. For example, the metal locking card latch for the memory/media card has come loose & fallen off already.

I haven't tried out any other BB models but I can tell you that I liked the BlackJack phone much, much better. In my opinion it was a lot easier to use & built tough, unlike the BB Curve or so it would seem.

I'm not really a fan of the BB, my boyfriend got one through work; though I didn't start deducting points from it until I had more than a couple of good reasons to.

My motto: No matter what you're buying, if you want it to last &/or you want the best for your money. Do your homework. Research as many models as possible, slowing narrowing them down before you decide on the one you buy.
    If you like what you see, please vote for me.
    You can find my pics on Tapatap.com
    ~~Hottie13078

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Sorry you had a bad experience with your Curve hottie13078, many Curve owners have had great experiences including myself and would trade it for no other device.
    Nevertheless welcome to the Stacks!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

mine is fine except it is much noisier than the pearls.

zanyzainab no está en línea Stack level 1

can u change the colour of the trackball on the curve???

jferg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405D8A0

my track ball works smooth with good response

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast