Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With BGR reporting the BlackBerry Pearl 2 "Komet" 's features for upcoming fall release, it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Curve owners: feel a lil feature gypped?

Advertisement

With BGR reporting the BlackBerry Pearl 2 "Komet"'s features for upcoming fall release, it isn't too far a stretch to think some of these ideas could've been put into the Curve such as the 3.2mp camera and the external microsd slot? Do you feel a little cheated that some of these weren't included into the Curve?

Discuss.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Curve owners: feel a lil feature gypped?

My thought on this is there were a lot of features rumored to be in the Curve.... that are not.

I wouldn't start worring about it until we actually see the Pearl2 is going to do all this....

I mean hasnt every BB been rumored to have a better camera, GPS, WiFi, and video recording?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

barazani no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    External sd slots are only good for one thing , lost sd cards ...
    As long as they don't put in 3G support I will be quite happy with the current curve features.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just put my N73 aside for the curve and that had a 3.2mp camera. As good as it was, I still brought my 10mp canon around with me when I wanted to take pics. Sure it was good for a phone but thats all it was, a camera in a phone. I think the curve is everything I want it to be and more.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I mean hasnt every BB been rumored to have a better camera, GPS, WiFi, and video recording?
    There's been a lot of unfactual based rumors from parties who have no real source(s), but from the factual sites such as bgr & bbcool that has multiple resources from various branches of RIM & service providers, they've been pretty on point when releasing stat sheets, only the release dates have not been accurate.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Until someone shoves a real 8-10MP camera with optical 3x zoom into a cell phone, the phone cameras are just cute items for MMS messages and caller-id pics.

Just imagine if Apple had the smarts to have put a real camera in the iPhone and some mini-photoshop software... well, then they'd have had a real killer phone.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman
    Just imagine if Apple had the smarts to have put a real camera in the iPhone and some mini-photoshop software... well, then they'd have had a real killer phone.
    Even as it stands, their OS wont work to send pictures as MMS. Something a lot of people dont know yet.

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm pretty confident that the Curve will top the charts until Christmas time. Even if the Komet hits, it still doesn't have full querty and the iPhone is going to be a bust. In a few months we should see an OS update that will fix the small issues with the Curve. I'm running v4.2.2.89 on Rogers network and the phone seems pretty bug free. The only major issue right now is that the camera is producing images that are a bit over exposed. That being said, if you want a camera you should go out and buy one. If you want a device that does a little bit of everything and does it well by comparison, stick with your curve until 2008 at least. And for everyone complaining about GPS and WiFi - go buy a bluetooth gps unit and a laptop.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Come to think of it, I've got a lot of music and pictures on my media card and I swear I've probably had my card out 3 times. We don't expect our camera to be spectacular @ 2mp. I guess any advancement in BB design is good but I don't feel like I'm missing out.

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

I am only disapointed in the fact that I was sld a line of bs by an att sales rep. Other thanthat all is well~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

the external sd slot, as dcooksta mentions, isn't a big deal to me either...in fact, as soon as i can get my hands on a 4gb card, i don't think i'll ever have to take it out...(i never once took the sd card out of the pearl)

yeah, the upgrade to the cam is really super cool, but when i want really good pics, i get the $700 digital camera out, not the bb

now...i miss suretype. but the bigger screen and my hands not cramping are a VERY big plus for me. i really didn't think that i would notice that much of a difference. use a curve for a month then just hold a pearl. it is a big difference.

we all knew that there was a rumor of a new pearl coming out in the fall. first pics i saw were of some easter egg looking phones

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

The camera in the curve ois fine, the card is fine where it is, and although I had no problem with suretype, the curve keyboard is way easier. Also, I've had none of the bugs people have been complaining about.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I'm happy with my curve

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3

How can I be upset about rumored specs on a phone that might be released in a few months? I just haven't got that kind of time. Besides, I've got this two week old Curve that I still haven't managed to unlock the vendor themes on, so clearly I've got to keep my priorities straight.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

who wants a Komet? I'm going hunting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast