I currently have ATT but the allure of wifi on a curve is pulling me ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jprincipe no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve on T Mobile or ATT

Advertisement

I currently have ATT but the allure of wifi on a curve is pulling me in to switching carriers from att to t mobile. Should I bother? Im worried taht I'll experience the wifi problems that other people are experiencing. Not to mention, I have an apple extreme router so Ill have to get a different compatible router. What are your opinions on switching. Keep in mind I travel overseas 5 or 6 times a year so the wifi eems like a cost effective solution to high interntional roaming rates. Ok, help me out people. Thanks

kutrack1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve on T Mobile or ATT

i have liked t-mobile since i got it with my dash, now that i have the 8320T i love it even more on t-mobile, if i was on AT&T i would get the iPhone in a heartbeat anyways.

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28

Hey JP....

I would say take the jump to tmobile....I was with Verizon before and once I found out that the Curve w/ WIFI was going to be with TMO i made the jump and so glad I did. The phone is solid, calls are clear, messaging is easy and the third party apps are great. Now for the WIFI... I have not experienced any issues as of yet with the WIFI and it has actually been a great help since the building I work in has poor reception for any cell signals a quick email to our IT guy and he was able to hook me up with the WIFI password and was back in business full WIFI signal. I love this thing. AS far as international use, I have also been doing my research since I am going back to the Philippines in a couple months and as long as I can find a open wifi signal in the Philippines I can make free calls back to the states, also any messaging via IM is covered by my data plan and unlimited texts. To be sure that this was all recorded I had the TMO rep make a note in my account stating that this was all fact and that I wont be charged if there are charges. Just to be sure I called back a couple days later and the notes were in fact there. Take the jump to TMO and get the curve. You wont regret it.

IP
    ***RIP<3MD***

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I like the tmobile curve because their plan are very flexible. Also, ATT coverage in my area sucks, now that Tmobile has a Wifi/UMA all smile for me because I finally have great coverage all over my house

JPREP no está en línea Stack level 2

FIRST, check the coverage difference. Some times T-Mobile is sparse in certain areas, other times it is comparable to AT&T. If that is the case, go with T-Mobile, in my opinion, because the rate plans are by far cheaper, with myFavs and their BlackBerry add-on plans.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    T-Mobile's plans are cheaper, but their coverage isn't as good.
    I haven't experienced any of the issues with wifi that some here have. It links up quickly and you would be amazed at the range.

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

T-Mobile... They have cheaper plans, coverage is a little below at&t but customer service is wonnnderful!

Albguy07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Definately go with T-Mobile, they have a better everything...They didnt win the JD power and assosiates awards 6 times in a row for nothing. They are the best service out there!

ThisFlyGuy no está en línea Stack level 2

sometimes its hit or miss with AT&T. you get really crappy service or really good service.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Quote Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy View Post
    sometimes its hit or miss with AT&T. you get really crappy service or really good service.
    Yes...that's true. hit or miss. I know alot of people that have AT&T and they always be telling me that.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~