Hi all--I had a BB 7290 till it was run over by a car (sniffle) ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SPershing no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve on T-Mobile?

Advertisement

Hi all--I had a BB 7290 till it was run over by a car (sniffle) a few weeks ago. I'm stuck on T-Mobile for unrelated reasons so I crawled back to them. I bought a Dash, seduced by its form factor, its 802.11 and its camera, and by the salespeople's promise that it would run fine on our enterprise server. Well it doesn't, major irresolvable synching problems, plus various defects in the device itself. I want the Curve, but T-Mobile doesn't have it yet, and may never (so they say). They have the 8800 (overpriced) and the 8700g (not the c--which is better?) but refuse to refund and will only exchange through the retail store of the sale, and that only if I grovel sufficiently and pay the difference. What do you all think are my options? Thanks for any advice. --Steve Pershing, Washington, D.C.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Curve on T-Mobile?

not sure what the question is... you titled it Curve on T-Mobile but then you acknowledge they don't have it and won't be carrying it for sometime yet (AT&T has "at least a 90 day exclusive" on it). You can find a Curve somewhere, pay to get it unlocked but still might not work properly.

As for the Dash, sorry it's not very cooperative. And welcome to the site.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

the 8700g is the same exact phone as the 8700c. the "c" is just branded for cingular.

why not just get the pearl im sure its fairly priced compared to the dash if not maybe a little cheaper.

the 8700g is solid but to some considered outdated.
    if you cant cough up the remaining different for the 8800..

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I love my 8700, very solid device.. It's been very reliable for me.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I love my 8703e(same phone on Verizon), very solid device...It's been very reliable for me too.

xpensive taste no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    a.s.k.?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8800 solid phone, its worth the sicrifice!

supafli20 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well I guess this is a multiple part question so ill do my best to answer everything as best I can.

1st: the curve is slated for release sometime this summer on tmobile so you could certainly wait for that. If you don't/can't wait you can pick up an att one and unlock it for use on tmobile.

2nd: you said tmobile won't refund you for the dash so what you could do is just keep it and sell it on ebay then use the money from that sell to help finance the new phone

3rd: the 8700 is a solid phone and really the only reason I went for the curve is because of the camera. You definitely won't be disappointed by it if you decide to go with it
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~