So last night I got the low battery indicator on my curve but neve bothered ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adubrovs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C8EB2

Curve not charging???

Advertisement

So last night I got the low battery indicator on my curve but neve bothered plugging it in to charge. Today when I woke up the battery was completely dead and my curve did not turn on. When I got into work I plugged it in to charge, but I don't see any indication that it's charging. No light is blinking, the phone is still off. It's been like this for about half hour now. I tried a friends battery and it's working fine.

Does it always take a while for batter/curve to come to life after it's been completely depleted? or is it a faulty battery?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If your friend's battery works you may have a battery problem. Can you try the battery in your friend's phone? You may also have a port problem or other charging problem. Eliminate what you can and post back.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    241C8EB2
    It seems to be charging in my friends phone....weird. It usually charges fine, but I never actually let it drain all the way. So what exactly does this mean?

PIN/ID
    241C8EB2
    I just let it charged a bit in my friends phone then put it back into my phone and it's charging now and I was able to turn the phone on...wtf???
    Last edited by adubrovs; 03-20-2008 at 10:03 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by adubrovs View Post
    It seems to be charging in my friends phone....weird. It usually charges fine, but I never actually let it drain all the way. So what exactly does this mean?
    I've never had one drain all the way either - it's not supposed to be good for the phone - but I don't think it should cause the battery to not charge.

Quote Originally Posted by adubrovs View Post
    I just let it charged a bit in my friends phone then put it back into my phone and it's charging now and I was able to turn the phone on...wtf???
    Are you sure that you don't have a connection problem...maybe with one of your chargers? I've had multiple problems with a USB port before where one charger would make a connection and another wouldn't. It's even been true that, since the USB was loose itself, I could lay the phone down (with a charger connected) and, depending on the position of the phone, it would or would not connect and charge. Make sure that isn't your problem.

Other than that I don't know why the battery would charge in your friend's phone and not yours.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5
    Check the female plug on the BB, it might be broken.

dolphin08 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ive had a USB cable go bad, do you have another to check it with?

PIN/ID
    241C8EB2
    like i mentioned earlier in my post...my charger works fine if i don't let the battery completely run out...it's only after it's totally drained that it doesn't charge...again, this has only happened once. I typically don't let the battery fully drain.