Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had this problem 3 yrs ago on a 7105t in November 05. Took it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Curve Not Charging

Advertisement

I had this problem 3 yrs ago on a 7105t in November 05. Took it back to T-Mo. Got a new one 3 days later. THAT ONE ended up lasting only 6 weeks.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

I feel bad for ATT users. Go T-Mobile!

mannee no está en línea Stack level 1

and YES Heavy i am only waiting for my contract to end on June 13th. I'm COUNTING HE DAYS!

dvurquhart no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Have the same problems with no charging or computer will not reconize it.Called rogers and said they will send out a new replacement.bb Has issuse with charging of USB port.Went threw four 8700 withe the same problem in 5 months

smulsh no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem.

I bought my 8310 in Orlando, but live in Spain.

So warranty is probably worthless.

I can wiggle my cable and get a charge ( sometimes) but have now got a Blackberry cradle charger ( small silver one ) and works fine. Cost 15€.

Love my phone though.

1st one !

erictking no está en línea Stack level 1

is this delightful

My pins just bit the dust. And lucky me I bought mine in Sept 2007 so I am 1 month out of warranty. SO AT&T tells me they can send me some nokia bar POS for $40. And when I bought the phone they told me I could not buy insurance for it. Then they said they could get me the phone for a corporate discount price which is still twice what I paid originally. WHOOPPEE!!!! And I thought VZW was bad!!

MajorTom no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243EE284
    Just spent 2 hours on phone with ATT with a 4 month old 8310. This phone has never seen any charger or cable other then the "OFFICIAL" ones which came with the phone. 3 of the 5 pins are bent/missing. They will not replace it under warranty due to "physical damage" (well, yes for 349.00). So much for the one year warranty provided by RIM .... I agree that this is a manufacturering issue and needs to be addressed by them.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyBB View Post
    Beware - once you're out of the 30 day grace period - neither ATT nor RIM (BB) provide free repair service for bent mini USB charge port pins ! ATT wanted $400 for a new phone. RIM wanted $200 to repair and $243 for new phone. ATT does NOT provide more than 30 days warranty - they consider bent pins INSIDE a mini USB port to be user caused physical damage!!! Several sites will repair the "mini USB port charger" on your BB for around $100.
    UGH !!!
    I believe there is the possibility of a class action lawsuit here - design flaw in the Blackberry 8310 series of phones. This is happening WAY TOO MUCH. As you can see by these posts and by the after market services that have sprung up because the manufacturer RIM and ATT will NOT service this defect after 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
    Just spent 2 hours on phone with ATT with a 4 month old 8310. This phone has never seen any charger or cable other then the "OFFICIAL" ones which came with the phone. 3 of the 5 pins are bent/missing. They will not replace it under warranty due to "physical damage" (well, yes for 349.00). So much for the one year warranty provided by RIM .... I agree that this is a manufacturering issue and needs to be addressed by them.
    bent pins are user error, not manufacturing issues. if you cram in the charger it will end up breaking something. if you pull the phone or anything else that causes damage to the phone, it's exactly that. DAMAGE. why should rim, or at&t, replace a phone that you broke? because as far as they're concerned that's exactly what happened.

the usb ports i agree do suck, but not when you break them. i've had two curves get replaced due to faulty usb ports. not damaged, but they simply stopped working. that's very different from bent pins and other physical damage that happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12