Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, My 2 week old Curve decided it does not want to charge anymore. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sentoria no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Curve Not Charging

Hi all,

My 2 week old Curve decided it does not want to charge anymore. I plug it in, shows the little charging icon for seconds then it disapperas and the BB will not charge. Any ideas? Thanks!

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5
    Blog Entries

Re: Curve Not Charging

Have you tried charging it via computer and charging it from an outlet? Is it completely dead?

sentoria no está en línea Stack level 1

It's not charging either way. Driving me nuts!! It has 1 bar left

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

if none of the cords work i would think it is a defective phone. if you know someone that has a cord, try to charge it with theirs.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

i had the exact same problem about 1 month ago. when i called att they sent me out another curve. internal problem. they did not try to troubleshoot.

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sentoria View Post
    It's not charging either way. Driving me nuts!! It has 1 bar left
    I had a similar problem, in my case they told me to check the phone port and indeed one of the pins was pushed inside so it couldn`t be recharged anymore and they replaced it "thank god".

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    Blog Entries

I would go back to where you brought it first to see if they will exchange it since it's less than 30 days. If you go through AT&T's warantee exchange you'll get a remanufactured device instead of a brand new one.

sureshot66 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~take a look at the 5 gold pins where u insert the charger, 2 of mine bent before, was warranteed no prob

echt no está en línea Stack level 1

should have looked down a little further. I just started a thread myself. Just started on mine overnight I suppose.

Sounds like a device mfg or part problem if it is happening this often to new devices. Mins is maybe a month old or so.

daveyBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Beware - once you're out of the 30 day grace period - neither ATT nor RIM (BB) provide free repair service for bent mini USB charge port pins ! ATT wanted $400 for a new phone. RIM wanted $200 to repair and $243 for new phone. ATT does NOT provide more than 30 days warranty - they consider bent pins INSIDE a mini USB port to be user caused physical damage!!! Several sites will repair the "mini USB port charger" on your BB for around $100.
    UGH !!!
    I believe there is the possibility of a class action lawsuit here - design flaw in the Blackberry 8310 series of phones. This is happening WAY TOO MUCH. As you can see by these posts and by the after market services that have sprung up because the manufacturer RIM and ATT will NOT service this defect after 30 days.

mannee no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having this problem as well, only, my bb is no longer under warranty. Anybody know where I can find any how to's on repairing am 8300? Specifically how to get to the usb pins?

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Ok I would definitely try and wiggle the cord around and see if thats it. Good indication of whether or not the USB port on your device is damaged or about to crap out on you. Honestly of all else try to get them to send you a replacement like many of the users here have mentioned.

mannee no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Curve Not Charging

Well I know it's not totally crapped out. The device will charge if I leave the usb connector about half way out but can't say I have the same result when connecting to my pc. Can't get the pc to recognize it.

smccausl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2424ecaa

att will replace your curve with the bent usb things up to a year for the warranty xchange
    Shaun
    AT&T Sales Rep
    pin 2424ecaa

skandl no está en línea Stack level 2

had a similar problem at least I thought so, I would get he charge symbol but the batt level never moved and neither did the % of batt pwr...did a batt pull and charged overnight (knock on wood) all is working normal again. good luck all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast