Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

also doesnt that same string get added on the pc too? i seem to recall ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chavisrecs no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

also doesnt that same string get added on the pc too? i seem to recall this when i initially set it up but i cannot remember where it went???

thx

changed the ppp tot he top box only. enable software compression was checked too i unchecked it and nothing. still no work.

i can hear the modem trying to go out with all the handshaking
    Last edited by chavisrecs; 09-16-2008 at 07:56 AM.

deehi2130 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So everyone will understand my situation. Before I upgraded to OS 4.5, I was able to use my 8320(Tmobile) as a modem. After upgrading, I am UNABLE to find my Standard Modem, Com 4.
    Somehow, my laptop is no longer recognizing my modem? My laptops OS is Vista

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!

I am not sure who mentioned this, but if you are upgrading to OS 4.5 on the 8320, you need to uninstall the DM and reinstall if the Standard Modem is not showing up. I am using DM 4.5.0.15 right now. I am sure that there are probably some more up to date versions, but I tested it out with this version. I previously had 4.5.0.44 on my laptop?

Dm 4.6

I am using the latest DM which I think is v4.6. It sees my curve as it syncs everytime I connect it. Its on COM3. The modem is working fine. I can query the modem ok. I am thinking the modem isnt talking to the curve properly???

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by chavisrecs View Post
    i can hear the modem trying to go out with all the handshaking
    My last post about wap.voicestream.com needs to be put on ur phone not comp...I'm almost 100% sure that will connect you...

No, it did not but I did find out what it is! I downloaded and installed the v4.6 DM. Well that doe NOT load the standard modem drivers so they never showed up and I was trying to use the standard modem. So I uninstalled v4.6 and reinstalled v4.3.x.x from t-mobile and voila! The standard modem was there. i reconfig'd and it works.

So now the question is; Can you upgrade the older version with 4.6 without screwing up the standard modem config?

v4.6 allows you to synch vista windows mail the older version does not. In fact it doesn't sync anything now and I am assuming that is because I am running O/S v4.5 perhaps???
    Last edited by chavisrecs; 09-16-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chavisrecs View Post
    No, it did not but I did find out what it is! I downloaded and installed the v4.6 DM. Well that doe NOT load the standard modem drivers so they never showed up and I was trying to use the standard modem. So I uninstalled v4.6 and reinstalled v4.3.x.x from t-mobile and voila! The standard modem was there. i reconfig'd and it works.

So now the question is; Can you upgrade the older version with 4.6 without screwing up the standard modem config?

v4.6 allows you to synch vista windows mail the older version does not. In fact it doesn't sync anything now and I am assuming that is because I am running O/S v4.5 perhaps???
    I didn't know that you could use the OS 4.6 on the Curve?

No the 4.6 is the desktop manager not the os. I'm using the 4.5 os

i amnow trying to reinstall the 4.6dm over the 4.3 and see if the standard modem is there.

IT WORKS!!! Just upgraded DM to 4.6 again from 4.3 and this time the standard modem stayed installed. I tested it and it all works again.

Just to be sure all check boxes under PPP settings should be unchecked correct? What do these do anyways?

Thanks to all for your help.

B

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    It definately has something to do with the new version of the DM. I was having the same issues w the new version, so I simply reverted back to the old version of DM that came w my phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    I didn't know that about 4.6 haha..thanks for the info!..lol I'm using 4.5 dm and all my stuff is working fine! Lol glad u got it figured out though lol

Thanks!

Still not working 100% Its not syncing right. Does DM4.5 allow you to synch with the Vista windows mail? If so i will uninstall 4.6 and install 4.5. Where can I find 4.5DM?

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12