Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just recently upgraged to OS 4.5 now when connected to my laptop and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chavisrecs no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve as a modem w/OS v4.5 >>HELP

Advertisement

I just recently upgraged to OS 4.5 now when connected to my laptop and I select to use it has a modem it errrors when trying to connect and I cannot connect to the internet. It worked fine with the previous OS version. Did any parameters change? Do I have to reconfigure my laptop with a different config?

Thanks
    Bill

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I have 4.5.0.77 and my modem runs fine, if not faster. Might be your laptop is not recognizing the device or dial-up settings are reset.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Is your desktop mgr.loaded on your laptop, or another pc?
    Also make sure you have the latest DTM. This will effect how you device is recognized-via pin/usb recognition. Sorry I cannot offer links to help you @ this point, I am wap @ work. Hopefully another Stacker will step in for any further assistance.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    hey man...i can help ya...at home sick today so i need something to do..lol..first make sure your dm is connected to ur bb..should say connected..make surePPP setting are correct..just the first is checked on my comp and im running vista...any other questions just post
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I'm having a similar problem. I can connect through the virtual dialup connection, but then when I try to load a webpage I get an "HTTP ERROR"

I'm using Vista Ultimate, and unsure how the PPP settings should be. I had it working before I updated the OS though, but that was a while ago. Hmmm....
    --
    Walt

deehi2130 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok...I'm new to this stuff! I have my 8320 setup, but lost connection after upgrade? Not sure what ppp settings area?
    I know that the Standard modem doesn't show. What is the probem?
    Can someone walk me thru this?

Ok...so yall are having problem withh PPP? Do yall have the standard modem all setup...and when u click the connect option at the bottom right corner....do you see dial up connection?

deehi2130 no está en línea Stack level 1
    pmarshall, that's just it. The Standard modem is NOT showing. When I did the upgrade, my computer isn't recognizing the Standard modem. This is where the problem exist.

I still have the same modem setting setup on my laptop. Or at least it looks the same. I have the latest DTM installed, I launch it, then launch my Connect To Network, I click on the modem I setup for the blackberry, it pops up the login/password window, I click connect, it tried to connect it errors out.

All setting appear to be the same

Quote Originally Posted by chavisrecs View Post
    I still have the same modem setting setup on my laptop. Or at least it looks the same. I have the latest DTM installed, I launch it, then launch my Connect To Network, I click on the modem I setup for the blackberry, it pops up the login/password window, I click connect, it tried to connect it errors out.

All setting appear to be the same
    Sounds like everything is set up still,what PPP boxes are checked??? Makew sure only the top box is checked then try it...get back at mew if it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by deehi2130 View Post
    pmarshall, that's just it. The Standard modem is NOT showing. When I did the upgrade, my computer isn't recognizing the Standard modem. This is where the problem exist.
    Ok,let me make sure I know exactly what u mean...when u click connect and where a standard modem should be..there isn't one?...bare with me just making sure were on same page lol..

chavisrecs, who's your carrier?

my carrier is t mobile.

just to make sure i am explaining this right; everything is the same as when I had the old O/S and it worked as a modem connected to my laptop. The only change was I upgraded to the 4.5 O/S and latest manager. Clicking connect to a network, selecting the Curve, click the next step where it has the logon info all are the same. But it once it tries to connect to the internet it fails with the error "failed to connect to the blackberry curve".

At the connect window there is no username or password and it dials *99#

Hopefully here's your fix....options...advanced...tcp..and type wap.voicestream.com.......leave rest blank..try that and get back at me

where do i add this?

can you tell me where i would add this? is it on my phone or my laptop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast