Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I frequently use ALT+EACE to check how much memory is free on my blackberry. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

Curve Memory File Total

Advertisement

So I frequently use ALT+EACE to check how much memory is free on my blackberry. Since I had the Curve I've realized that I have File Total: 54919168 Bytes. I was almost positive on my 8800 that it was above 60 MB on the Blackberry in this field. Is it around this same area for other 8310 users? I did a Switch device to cope apps from my 8800 to 8310 and I'm tempted to wipe and install all applications from scratch to see if this increases the File Total.

I dislike the fact that there's no way to save all your apps that are currently installed to some area so when you do a full wipe you can just reinstall them from that location and not have to redownload them from their respective websites. Anyone know if this is possible and I just don't know?

Thanks in advance guys

PIN/ID
    242B3987

Re: Curve Memory File Total

Ok scratch that first question. Seems there are others who have noticed this. However is there a way to save applications directly off the Blackberry without having to download their desktop versions?

aliblahblah no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242B24EC
    Amahk,
    I first made a Backup on the old 8700c BB, then swapped the SIM into the Curve 8310 and restored to the Curve. Then I went to my provider's email setup page and sent all Service Books. I still could not get th Internet Browser to show up, and noticed the Switch Device Wizard in the Blackberry Desktop Manager, and used it. (I guess I could probably have done that instead of the Restore from Backup.) I still couldn't get the Internet Browser, so I did another Restore and sent the Service Books again. I pulled the battery to reboot. Voila!

BTW, doing Alt+EACE did not do anything when I tried it. I always use Alt+Cap+H and I have the exact same Total Memory as you. Shopping for a MicroSD chip now.

PIN/ID
    242B3987

Thanks for the reply ali!
    I wasn't asking about the backup and restore of data per se, but moreso on the back and restore of applications. Know what I mean? Like sending the service books after a back/restore won't give you your applications back. I thought there was a way to backup applications using DM but I searched high and low on these forums and couldn't find it again, so I'm not even sure if it even existed lol.

Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3

omg mine says i have 0 kilobytes free what is up with that? i have a sprijt pearl

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

blue moon...that means that you have maxed out the file space in your BB...each BB comes with dedicated memory but in order to get the most out of your BB device it is recommended that you get a microSD card to put music, pics, documents, etc. onto...service provider has nothing to do with your available memory space

as for the back up and restore most programs have the ability to be downloaded straight to the computer for loading through DM...if you don't have this ability then you're probably out of luck...you can always try using the memory cleaner built into BBs to free up some memory or just search for "Free Up Memory Space" here in pinstack for a way to get rid of many unwanted files on your BB but your best bet is to get a microSD card...i believe with current OS and DM updates that the curve and pearl support up to 4gb...hope this helps

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3

oh ok tyvm!!! i do have a few pics that ive taken i dont have no music on here yet and i also dont have a memory card yet will be getting one tomorrow .. i did put jivetalk, pinstack, viago, fox news, and abc news reader and yahoo messenger and couple of others

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon1964 View Post
    omg mine says i have 0 kilobytes free what is up with that? i have a sprijt pearl

You also might have a memory leak.... I heard it exist in the 4.3 os as well......
    BB8900 is mine!

ScottieMack88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21872ED9

I have a 2 gb stick in my 8310 and it works just fine..just gotta make the damn phone stop deleteing my messages.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieMack88 View Post
    I have a 2 gb stick in my 8310 and it works just fine..just gotta make the damn phone stop deleteing my messages.
    Sounds like a device memory issue still. That media card you have in there won't affect device memory and storage for messages.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

You should try to free up some memory. The thread below shows you how.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

KJinTexas no está en línea Stack level 2

If you don't already - you should do a battery pull on a regular basis. My 8100 was terrible until I moved to 4.2.1.94 which seemed better but I still had a 2gb card for everything that wasn't an application.

I now have a 8310 and it pretty much has the same issue. Unload all the "extra" languages - because most people don't use more than one anyway - unload the stupid sample video and DOD crap that just takes up valuable chunks of the 64mb on the phone.

KJinTexas no está en línea Stack level 2

also - if you are losing your e-mal and phone lists - it's a sure sign you are below 1mb of free space. Your BB will keep dumping data to try and make space.

Try that battery pull - it fixes darn near everything.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

ok I maybe missing something, the box for my 8310 says 64MB of memory. The actual unit says File Total 54919168 (just under 55MB), File Free 25488072 (just over 25MB). Nothing extra, I understand that some of the memory is for the OS, how do I find where the rest is going to? v4.2.2.170 (platform 2.5.0.30). Link for this problem? Thanks.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    ok I maybe missing something, the box for my 8310 says 64MB of memory. The actual unit says File Total 54919168 (just under 55MB), File Free 25488072 (just over 25MB). Nothing extra, I understand that some of the memory is for the OS, how do I find where the rest is going to? v4.2.2.170 (platform 2.5.0.30). Link for this problem? Thanks.
    I'm not so sure. I do know that when you install an application, it tells you how much memory it takes up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast