Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You know as of 15 - 20 min. ago my curve just shut off for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Curve Keeps Restarting

Advertisement

You know as of 15 - 20 min. ago my curve just shut off for no reason. Now it keeps resetting and coming back on. Then get the beeps that I have new msgs and shuts off again. It just keeps repeating. I'm not even having a chance to enter my pw.

Prior to it shutting of I was in the process of setting up a wi-fi connection at my boy's crib. It connected fine and saved the profile and then.. GOODBYE!! I'm gon keep restarting to piss ya off. LOL

Oh yea! I also upgraded the OS and desktop manager v4.3 earlier this morning.

---

Actually might have found a diff. solution to what I may be experiencing. - http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html
    Last edited by e-berry; 11-26-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: different situation

Alyawen no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had the same problem with my 8320. It has happened both when I've been on a call and when the phone has been just sitting on my desk. I received a new phone and new battery from the carrier yesterday and just noticed the phone restarting again! I've used different batteries and phones with no luck. I also have the latest OS installed on the device. I'm beginning to get a bit agitated!!

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

The refurbished 8300 I got did that, I sent it back for the 8310 and it works great. I just got it Friday so I am holding off on sending in for the rebate until I know this one works. The 8300 kept restarting from the moment I got it.

Unfortunately, T-Mobile doesn't have anything else to switch to - the 8320 is it....... I hope the folks at RIM are aware of the problem and actively seeking a solution.

PIN/ID
    just ask

I even took mine to the store to make sure all the settings were right. She said it was. Maybe take it to the store and have them look at it.

That's great advice... Will give that a try.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Had the same prob. Battery pull did not work. Reinstalled OS, and yay! No more restarts.
    /~*brooke

PIN/ID
    just ask

Brooke, I did the update on the OS, battery pull, still restarted, it continuely got worse over the few days I used it.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

the memory in the device is degrading, if you haven't got error codes yet you will soon. Eventually the device will not startup... Your device is deffective.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

hey i have the same problem. With mine it happens if I am viewing a website that has quite a few pics. My wife has a blog. Every time I view with the blkberry browser it restarts. This is the only website where this happens. I just viewed a short film, and halfway through it, my berry restarted. What's Happening...

PIN/ID
    3115EE05

the blackberry acts like a PC. The only difference is that the blackberry doesn't have a blue screen of death like windows.The blackberry restarts to dump what is in memory because it has to many errors loaded in memory or was required to execute what it percieves as an illegal operation.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

I never thought about it like that. At least we're not losing any data like the blue screen of death... I don't mind it... That's what I have opera mini for I guess....

anomalyberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry to interrupt... I'm new here... Why can't I post a new thread? I don't get a tab to post a new thread, in the main page, even though I'm logged in.

jordan921 no está en línea Stack level 1

i had a problem with my phone locking up yesterday while sending a text. just pulled out battery and it was fine after that.

PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    I never thought about it like that. At least we're not losing any data like the blue screen of death... I don't mind it... That's what I have opera mini for I guess....

opera mini is probably whats causing your crash's there are lots of posts in this forum about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast