Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL i told you guys how to fix it in post #10. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chrisbimmermd no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    i told you guys how to fix it in post #10. i don't know why this method is ignored. it's the fix to almost all 4.5 upgrade, media card, rebooting problem. i haven't seen any other method work other than wiping the media card, which is completely unnecessary.

doesnt work!

it even reboots continually when i have no media card, no sim card, or neither! i have reinstalled the OS twice; it has taken 10 hours! a waste of my day! why the hell did i say okay sure i'll upgrade to the new OS, thanks blackberry desktop for the advice -- noooo it has to ruin my phone

no im not low on memory

no it's not a stupid router problem - has nothing to do with the router!

it only doesnt reboot when connected to my computer

also, why cant i remove:
    scan, copy and fax
    ramble
    yahoo go

the three are at the bottom of the list and it won't uncheck - it just rechecks them automatically when i check them

im thinking maybe a conflict of apps to the new OS - that's all I've got

removing the battery is not a fix

throwing the phone against the wall isn't a fix but i want to make it the fix because it will stop it from rebooting every 8 seconds or so

i never had a problem before this

i am very tech savvy

also turning off (or on) WIFI is not a fix -- I'm sure as hell glad it's not, too! WIFI is the ONLY reason I have this phone as opposed to my old one!

I'm so mad! i think you can tell by the tone of this post!

oh yeah I have a curve 8320
    Last edited by chrisbimmermd; 12-09-2008 at 01:49 AM. Reason: format edit

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbimmermd View Post
    doesnt work!

it even reboots continually when i have no media card, no sim card, or neither! i have reinstalled the OS twice; it has taken 10 hours! a waste of my day! why the hell did i say okay sure i'll upgrade to the new OS, thanks blackberry desktop for the advice -- noooo it has to ruin my phone

no im not low on memory

no it's not a stupid router problem - has nothing to do with the router!

it only doesnt reboot when connected to my computer

also, why cant i remove:
    scan, copy and fax
    ramble
    yahoo go

the three are at the bottom of the list and it won't uncheck - it just rechecks them automatically when i check them

im thinking maybe a conflict of apps to the new OS - that's all I've got

removing the battery is not a fix

throwing the phone against the wall isn't a fix but i want to make it the fix because it will stop it from rebooting every 8 seconds or so

i never had a problem before this

i am very tech savvy

also turning off (or on) WIFI is not a fix -- I'm sure as hell glad it's not, too! WIFI is the ONLY reason I have this phone as opposed to my old one!

I'm so mad! i think you can tell by the tone of this post!

oh yeah I have a curve 8320
    Use the apploader to removes the Yahoo Go! I had the same problem with the apps that won't move. As for the rebooting issue i don't know what to tell you bro sorry, removing the media card usually fixes that problem. Wipe the Curve again an roll back to the original OS version from before see if its the 4.5 OS.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Do you have another battery you can try. You went through all the things you did I don't think that was one of them.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    As far as the apps that won't delete. Can you delete them directly from the BB itself, Options/Advanced Options/Applications....highlight the app/menu/delete

I have had apps that I installed OTA be unable to be removed via the DM(only noticed this recently on DM 4.7) so i had to delete as mentioned above. Try that.

Also, I know you said you reinstalled the OS twice, was it a total wipe with JL_Cmder and then an OS reload? There's a tutorial and download link here if you need it. Or perhaps try downgrading back to 4.2 to see if that helps?

We understand that you are frustrated and we will keep throwing out more ideas as we can find them or think of them.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

alright I'm gonna delete all applications. If this doesn't work I'm back to square 1

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Do you have another battery you can try. You went through all the things you did I don't think that was one of them.
    That's because it always worked fine until the minute I unplugged it from my computer after installing the 4.5 OS

It's not a battery problem, but thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    As far as the apps that won't delete. Can you delete them directly from the BB itself, Options/Advanced Options/Applications....highlight the app/menu/delete

I have had apps that I installed OTA be unable to be removed via the DM(only noticed this recently on DM 4.7) so i had to delete as mentioned above. Try that.

Also, I know you said you reinstalled the OS twice, was it a total wipe with JL_Cmder and then an OS reload? There's a tutorial and download link here if you need it. Or perhaps try downgrading back to 4.2 to see if that helps?

We understand that you are frustrated and we will keep throwing out more ideas as we can find them or think of them.
    okay got looking out. No my problem's not fixed yet so don't get too happy yet.

Through the midst of hell yes I forgot to try to delete the apps straight from the phone - I feel stupid; thanks for the tip.

no after spending 12 hours today working on it I don't feel like doing a wipe so that's my last resort.

Good looking out. best advice I've heard so far.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That's because it always worked fine until the minute I unplugged it from my computer after installing the 4.5 OS

It's not a battery problem, but thanks anyways
    No problem..we are here to help if we can. I would have to agree with azstar as far as what to try next. The biggest thing I have learned dealing with these things is patients is a must and that gets really hard sometimes especially with issues like you are having.

It lasted 25 seconds before rebooting after deleting "scan, copy and fax". back to the same few seconds then reboot routine...

I just had a thought: maybe it's a VISTA issue? Like, reinstalling the OS using Vista? It's a new thought...
    Last edited by chrisbimmermd; 12-09-2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo correction

Another thought is service books...

Sorry it's still giving you fits, I wish I had a magic wand I could hand you, so you could smack your BB with it and fix it. But if the usual fixes won't do the trick, then it's a matter of trial and error. Keep us posted and we will keep trying to give you more ideas.
    Twitter? My Apps List

uninstalled Twitterberry
    then ImBusy
    then Ramble

Ramble said I needed to restart to delete so I said yes

let's see...

5 secs
    10 secs
    15 secs
    20 secs
    lets run through some apps.
    oh wait nevermind it rebooted itself.

problem not solved

i was able to use the video recorder when it came back on. however when i exited the video recorder it rebooted like always

At this point it doesn't hurt to try anything.

I just had a thought: maybe it's a VISTA issue? Like, reinstalling the OS using Vista? It's a new thought...
    If you have a machine with XP, you may want to try it

Another thought is service books...
    You could try deleting them and then logging in to your carrier BIS site(assuming you're on BIS) via computer and resending. I don't know if any of them would cause the rebooting, but deleting and resending service books is faster and easier than a wipe and reload and certainly wouldn't hurt. I always have to delete my browser service book on my 8130 and 8330 after every 4.5 upgrade and resend because something in them gets corrupted. Simply resending doesn't fix, have to delete then resend......try it

And just for kicks, even though you said removing it didn't help, check the attributes on the media card as whitepearl suggests in post #10 and with your next upgrade, downgrade etc, remove the memory card first if you didn't before.
    Last edited by azstar; 12-09-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: added more ideas
    Twitter? My Apps List

okay I just discovered I can't configure my browser to do only WIFI, and I can't type anyone's PIN in (only email) to BB Messenger (to add a contact)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast