ok, So I just got a BB 8310, about a week ago. Its obviously for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nightpoison no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve just went in locked itself up on me. Help!!!

Advertisement

ok, So I just got a BB 8310, about a week ago. Its obviously for the AT&T network, but I got the unlock code from GSM Phone Source to use on the T-Mobie Network. The unlock process went through perfect the first time, no issues. Phone unlocked, I threw in my sim and started to set up the phone. Added my email accounts, hid all the icons I didn't want to see on my main screen. Threw some personal prefrences for font, layout, and the other basic features of the phone.

From the first time I've charged it to last night, its always been on charge over night, so that I have a full battery for the entire day.

So here's what happened. About 2 days ago, I get up, get ready for work. Grabe the phone and leave. Everything is working fine, half way through the day it just sort of bricks up. Not full brick, the scroll wheel would still work. However, no buttons would work at all. If I take the battery out and allow the phone to do a reset, after powering up the screen comes back up the scroll wheel works, but buttons are still dead. If I let the screen shut off, even if the scroll wheel works it won't bring the screen back up.

Does anyone have any ideas why, and more importantly how and if I can fix this?

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    what you should try giving a shot is upgrading the OS of the phone. i'm not to sure what OS att is running on their curve because i work for tmo not them lol. there is a forum here that tells you step by step on how to upgrade your phone. cause with that you have to delete the vendor file. which i believe makes your phone an unlocked version. not to sure if it will work but its worth giving a shot. oh and make sure you follow the steps EXACTLY!

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    P.S.
    let me know how everything went

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nightpoison View Post
    ok, So I just got a BB 8310, about a week ago. Its obviously for the AT&T network, but I got the unlock code from GSM Phone Source to use on the T-Mobie Network. The unlock process went through perfect the first time, no issues. Phone unlocked, I threw in my sim and started to set up the phone. Added my email accounts, hid all the icons I didn't want to see on my main screen. Threw some personal prefrences for font, layout, and the other basic features of the phone.

From the first time I've charged it to last night, its always been on charge over night, so that I have a full battery for the entire day.

So here's what happened. About 2 days ago, I get up, get ready for work. Grabe the phone and leave. Everything is working fine, half way through the day it just sort of bricks up. Not full brick, the scroll wheel would still work. However, no buttons would work at all. If I take the battery out and allow the phone to do a reset, after powering up the screen comes back up the scroll wheel works, but buttons are still dead. If I let the screen shut off, even if the scroll wheel works it won't bring the screen back up.

Does anyone have any ideas why, and more importantly how and if I can fix this?
    Hello nightpoison!

Welcome to PinStack!

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your new Curve! You are well within the warranty period on your device. My recommendation is to get it exchanged, however I'm not sure how AT&T is going to handle this considering you're running on the TMO network.

Can we get an AT&T rep to offer some advice on this?

Thanks,
    Roger

nightpoison no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just tried the upgrade for the OS and its still in lock down. I guess the only thing is to try to get it covered under the warranty. I was hoping I wouldnt have to, cause I already paid for the unlock for this phone. o well.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nightpoison View Post
    I just tried the upgrade for the OS and its still in lock down. I guess the only thing is to try to get it covered under the warranty. I was hoping I wouldnt have to, cause I already paid for the unlock for this phone. o well.
    You could try to do an OS wipe and then try the upgrade again using this:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=197

Seems like a defective device, however, so I'd recommend the replacement.