Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As the title says, I just received my Curve and I can't get it to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cadmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve just delivered and won't charge

Advertisement

As the title says, I just received my Curve and I can't get it to turn on or charge. When I first placed the battery in the phone the light came on and then the image of a battery with a line through it came on the screen. I assumed this meant the battery needs to be charged. When I plug in the charger, nothing happens. There is no indication that the phone is charging. I tried to turn it on by holding the red power button but that had no response either. Has his happened to anyone? Am I doing something wrong?

I have already called Sprint back and they want to exchange the phone. I am so tired of dealing with Sprint CS just trying to get this phone which has been on back order. I hope I get a working phone soon.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Not trying to insult you or anything, but is the battery in correctly?

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Try removing battery and plugging in. See if red led on top lights up without the battery.
    I had a similar case with my Verizon show I give you my sympathies. My charging cord was faulty and I found a cut in it. It was not charging at all times, it would start and stop depending in the cord. Vzw allowed me to exchange within the first 30 days and I did with no problem at a local store.
    You are fortunate that you have no data to recover lile I did and lost some in the process.
    Do the exchange and do not fear. Better to exchange for as new one than woner if this one will be faulty off and on in the future without being able to fix it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD

I was just going to say the same. Try another charger and see if it works.
    I am sure you had your batt in the right way, or you would not have seen anything plus I don't think you could put it in the wrong way.
    The batt should have a reserve charge. The one I got from ATT had a 3/4 charge batt. Then the replacement one I got after a Key Store Problem had a 1/2 charge

I have just tried a few different chargers. I tried using the USB connection to charge from my computer. I also tried charging using a motoQ charger which is the same connection. Same result with both.

I also just tried taking the battery out and then I plugged in the charger and the light does come on. I assume this means it is the battery. Regardless, I will be exchanging the phone.

Thanks for the help.

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD

Did you try to use it right away?

Try leaving it plugged in for a couple of hrs before trying it

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    What insurance do you have? If you have the $7 one you could have gone to the store and swap it there~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadmonkey View Post
    As the title says, I just received my Curve and I can't get it to turn on or charge. When I first placed the battery in the phone the light came on and then the image of a battery with a line through it came on the screen. I assumed this meant the battery needs to be charged. When I plug in the charger, nothing happens. There is no indication that the phone is charging. I tried to turn it on by holding the red power button but that had no response either. Has his happened to anyone? Am I doing something wrong?

I have already called Sprint back and they want to exchange the phone. I am so tired of dealing with Sprint CS just trying to get this phone which has been on back order. I hope I get a working phone soon.
    I would send it back and start fresh. Even if you get it to work who knows when it'll start acting up again.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Are there any bent metal parts in the charging mechanism in the phone? The #1 cause i've heard of not charging, is the mini USB in the phone. Some of the metallic tabs get bent, and then you can not charge.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    This happened to my husbands Curve after a few days of getting it. It was faulty pins/prongs and he was able to exchange it for a new one through TMO because it was within the first 14 days of purchace. I am sure Sprint would have the same policy. Good Luck and I hope your second will be perfect.

Wow, so many replies today! Just trying to catch up here...

I did try to use the phone right out of the box and after leaving it plugged in for a few minutes. I figured that would be enough to get it to turn on. How does the Curve indicate it is charging? Does the light turn on or is there a display that lets you know its charging? I will leave it plugged in for a couple hours and try it again.

As far as insurance, I have the $7 plan and I tried to get a battery replacement from the stores but since the phone itself is on back order they are out of the battery as well.

I can't tell if anything is bent in the charger but I think its probably best if I exchange for another one.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    It doesn't sound like the charger cause the phone should, and always does turn on when you first put the battery in. Man, I really feel for you. Hope you get it fixed asap. Go to your local sprint store and threaten to switch carriers if they don't swap it. Good luck

¤Via Curvelicious¤
    «BrianG»

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadmonkey View Post
    Wow, so many replies today! Just trying to catch up here...

I did try to use the phone right out of the box and after leaving it plugged in for a few minutes. I figured that would be enough to get it to turn on. How does the Curve indicate it is charging? Does the light turn on or is there a display that lets you know its charging? I will leave it plugged in for a couple hours and try it again.

As far as insurance, I have the $7 plan and I tried to get a battery replacement from the stores but since the phone itself is on back order they are out of the battery as well.

I can't tell if anything is bent in the charger but I think its probably best if I exchange for another one.
    No matter what the problem is. It wont charge. Do NOT bother trying to fix this. By the time you play and try and take apart, etc, you risk the chance of voiding the warranty. Sprint said they would do the exchange. already. Do it and do not look back and worry.

You obviously have a faulty unit, which Sprint agrees. It is worth the wait to get a new one. Make sure if it is not done within their exchange time frame due to backorder you are not penalized. Document every phone call you made and every person and date you spoke to. I have found notes disappear randomly or not noted when calls are made at times.

Do yourself a favor and kickback and dream of when you get the new Curve fancy shiny and new with all the plastic still on it rather than a refurbished one.

Just my three cents worth.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

I am already on Sprint's list of possible people to leave. I believe they call it retention. Its kind of cool because when I call I get to deal with people that speak English and somewhat attempt to solve your problem. I actually got the phone for $150 without having to wait for the rebate because of all the hassle when I had to return my Instinct last week. Also, I got them to credit back $60 to my account today by complaining on their website chat. I guess overall I am satisfied but still without my Curve.

I left the phone plugged in for about an hour and I still can't get it to turn on. I am definitetly exchanging for a new one.

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773
    Corp stores will take returns/exchanges for Telesales. Just look the store up on www.sprint.com and look for 800 returns, go there and grab a new one.... if they're in stock.

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast