Had the 8300 for 2 weeks. Everything top notch and running fine. Today during a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

karryer no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve is playing dead - help !

Advertisement

Had the 8300 for 2 weeks. Everything top notch and running fine. Today during a backup session I got an error message on the desktop app ... I dismissed it, unplugged the device and figured the backup had not worked - no problem I'll get to it later. Wrong. Something more serious must have happened because now the Curve will not come back on. No key sequence works. Removed battery (hard reset?) with no result. The only sign of life I see is the led flashes RED two times in quick succession every 3 seconds. I also tried connecting to PC but this isn't working either.

Anybody have any ideas ????

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

Re: Curve is playing dead - help !

kinda sounds like the battery might be dead? try charging it for like 5-10 min then a battery pull my curve did this once too it was a dead battery thats y

krazyegg no está en línea Stack level 1

actually its not dead...do this..run application loader without the battery in it...when your about to install the os and finalize then add the battery. this should do the trick...

shan

indeed, battery is not dead - i have 2, fully charged on hand. i called rogers tech support who confirmed software needs to be reloaded. connect and run app loader he says ... problem is PC does not recognize BB anymore so app loader cannot connect. his verdict .. take it in for replacement.

but then seeing above the idea from krazyegg to connect and run app loader without the battery in it ... figured, nothing to loose - gave it a try and bingo -- PC recognizes a BB device and app loader is running right now reloading the sys software. so all should be fine in a little while. will revert to confirm and offer any new enlightenment once this is successfull.

thanks !

krazyegg no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by karryer
    indeed, battery is not dead - i have 2, fully charged on hand. i called rogers tech support who confirmed software needs to be reloaded. connect and run app loader he says ... problem is PC does not recognize BB anymore so app loader cannot connect. his verdict .. take it in for replacement.

but then seeing above the idea from krazyegg to connect and run app loader without the battery in it ... figured, nothing to loose - gave it a try and bingo -- PC recognizes a BB device and app loader is running right now reloading the sys software. so all should be fine in a little while. will revert to confirm and offer any new enlightenment once this is successfull.

thanks !
    so that did the trick buddy? hehe... i sell these on ebay...so i know about all these problems...well im hoping my advice works for op.

Smile Re: Curve is playing dead - help !

Yep - the battery trick worked. It was a long stretch of backups and re-installs from there ... but everything is back in order now. Thanks again.