Hello all! New to the bb experience. I cannot believe I lived this long w.o. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ncorbay no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2450d0cb

curve general questions

Advertisement

Hello all! New to the bb experience. I cannot believe I lived this long w.o. this device? I want to ask a couple general q's. Hope this is the right place!
    1)Whatdoes the wap mean before certain webpages?
    2)I'm reading about movie playin on the bb. Is the bb media player sufficient? Is wmp avail?
    3)Bis. Bes. Ibelieve bes is the enterprise client. So if I donot use that do I run a bis?
    4)What is difference of viewing pinstack on the default browser as opposed to the ota?? Version?
    More to come I'm sure. I bought it and want to use ot to the fullest!
    Thanks for input. Anything I need to know, feel free to msg me. My pin is pin:2450d0cb
    Nic

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    1- WAP = Wireless Access Protocol; Internet protocol for mobile devices to display web pages

2- Yes, for the size of the screen and the movies that are converted to play on it, it is good. There are other media players available for the BB though if you find it unacceptable

3-Yes, BIS is BlackBerry Internet Service; it is what the carriers use if you are not on a corporate BES server

4- PinStack is available via wap on your BB browser in limited form. Many things that view on the PC browsers do not view on wap so it is a slimmed down version of the site. That makes data transfer and viewing easier on a smaller screen.

5- Welcome to PinStack! Happy Stacking.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome to Pinstack, you came to the right place.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Welcome to Pinstack, ncorbay!..and enjoy your BB! We Pinstack users love our BB's and love to discuss them - the problems, the issues and, most of all, the fun we have with them. When you get a chance, update your profile with your device, OS version and any other info you are comfortable putting on it. That way we'll know what device, etc. you're referring to when you have questions and info or report. Thanks and welcome.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    2450d0cb
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Tank u for such prompt replys!! I'm gonna like this forum and phone!!!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to PS.

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Greetings and Salutations... We have been expecting you. Enjoy

PIN/ID
    2450d0cb
    thanks for the virtual warm welcome.. ive been spending the day tricking this sob out.. i had no idea what the capabilities of this unit was.. wow.. all day i tell you.. if you're bored and reading this a little help...
    downloaded a colts theme from the d/l section of this wonderful forum.. downloaded correctly.. did not list as a theme.. it was in the phone under applications.. couldn't click to "use as" or move..
    1) any help to get this to work (already deleted)
    2) where is the default d.l folder, (i figured it would recoginize the ext of the file and save it apporpriatly, it did not).
    thanks again.. ive searched first, couldn't find anything to help

oh and
    3)is the operating system pretty much the same for all BB's, or is it pretty device dependant when it comes to app's?
    thanks again

Clittle07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    when you d/l a theme it is under-->options-->themes and if you don't see it there after u d/l do a battery pull and then try it and it should be there

PIN/ID
    2450d0cb
    i am going to re-d.l and see what happens.. i did notice that when i first started using it, when i changed an option, it was like it did not do it instantly. so the above makes sense.

for the weekenders that check this out..
    i want to d.l some apps and want to be sure that that i am doing this the correct way.. new to all the bb .exts.. if I were to d.l opera mini, is it best to do it through the pc then to bb through dm?
    or just download it ota to the bb>? i don't want to run in to any sync prolbems in the future..
    also, is the bb smart viewer that all the stackers talk about the free version or the $ one?
    jsut trying to start this the correct way.. as always. thanks for your help.

gadgitgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Welcome to PS!

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    welcome to the stack!
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14