So I send numerous SMS everyday and I was just sitting here on the comp. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9

Curve deleted SMS, call log, etc??

Advertisement

So I send numerous SMS everyday and I was just sitting here on the comp. I picked it up to re-read a message and all my SMS are gone. My call log has also been cleared. What the hell happened to all my stuff? All my emails are still there and everything on my card seems to be intact. What would cause my data to just disappear like that without any interaction from me?

yamiR6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Curve deleted SMS, call log, etc??

Most blackberrys have memory issues. Used to happen to mine all the time. Just do a soft reset every day or every other day. Hold alt-caps-delete to reset. The other way is to remove the battery. Kind of a pain to reset but it only takes a couple minutes to save your data.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

sucks, just bricked my phone trying to go in through the back door and freeing up some memory because of this issue... lost sms, bb messenger, emails. It seems to have been getting worse. Downloading latest OS, which might have a memory fix. We'll see.

Sorry, I know it's a drag.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I'm having the same issues. I only have 2-3 3rd party apps on my curve and I run out of room all the time. You may consider removing ringtones or backgrounds. Applications you don't use, such as password keeper or search, PTT. Use the memory card for any pics, ringers, etc. and clear logs, cache and emails that you don't need frequently. I really wish RIM thought of things like this before releasing a handheld with the same memory as their handsets 5 years ago.... They really should call me to be a beta tester....

PIN/ID
    249f1af9

All my media is on the memory card. I got rid of that SimulSays program, I got several voicemails today from weeks ago. That's just not cool, thankfully they weren't important. We'll see how it goes from here on out.

EDIT: It did it again!! Looking through my Event Log I see several instances of the following:

E myFaves-phone# (SMS manager)

What does that mean?
    Last edited by Wastegate13; 07-17-2007 at 03:50 AM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Upgrading to the latest OS should help resolve this issue. Optus OS seems to fix
    the memory leak issues that have been reported with previous OS.

jbiz999 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey everybody. New to this but had problems with the call log being erased too. What will this soft reset do? Will it correct this problem for good or will this be a reacuring one?

PIN/ID
    249f1af9

Quote Originally Posted by lavagirl669
    Upgrading to the latest OS should help resolve this issue. Optus OS seems to fix
    the memory leak issues that have been reported with previous OS.
    Looks like I will be doing some tweaking tonight when I get home. Thanks for the help!

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Lost emails/SMS/Call log is a known issue on the default AT&T OS. Search and you'll see a number of threads on this subject. Ya, it sucks. No easy way to fix it. There is anecdotal evidence that this problem was fixed in Optus, but I don't get the sense there is overwhelming evidence of it not happening.

Plus, since it is intermittent anyhow it is much less obvious when the device is working correctly. I hope AT&T will release an updated OS version soon.

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

i bricked my phone trying to free up used memory from the java folder on my destop. But it gave me an excuse to use the new Optus firmware - so far no more memory leaks, even after adding some third party apps. So alls well that ends well....