Hi, I've noticed that my Curve causes speaker interference. What I mean is that it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

recipe0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve creates stereo speaker interference

Advertisement

Hi,

I've noticed that my Curve causes speaker interference. What I mean is that it causes speakers for other devices to periodically buzz. I'm a video editor, so I'm sitting in front of a set of expensive speakers all day. Every ten minutes or so, my speakers make a sort of buzzing sound. Today, I noticed the same thing happening to my car stereo speakers.

Does anybody know what specifically could be causing this interference, and whether there is anything I can do to stop it?

Thank you!

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Curve creates stereo speaker interference

I'm interested to find this out as well, 1 thing I can say is that I have noticed that most of my cell phones would cause a slight interference a second or two before the phone would actually ring if I had it near the stereo~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Generally moving the device away from the speakers does the trick
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by recipe0
    Hi,

I've noticed that my Curve causes speaker interference. What I mean is that it causes speakers for other devices to periodically buzz. I'm a video editor, so I'm sitting in front of a set of expensive speakers all day. Every ten minutes or so, my speakers make a sort of buzzing sound. Today, I noticed the same thing happening to my car stereo speakers.

Does anybody know what specifically could be causing this interference, and whether there is anything I can do to stop it?

Thank you!
    As one Poster said just move back a bit and it will stop, and yes just about all Cellphones does the same thing, I would imagine that you've noticed it more with your Curve or "Data" connected BB, simply because it is constantly getting email pushed to thereby "Transmitting".

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by recipe0

Thank you!
    your speakers are unshielded (or poorly shielded) and so they are picking up the cellular waves. Blackberries have pretty strong radios so when placed close to things like cd players, radios, etc. that aren't shielded you will get the 'bzz'. a few options you have is:
    -to find speakers that are heavily shielded
    -keep your phone farther away from the speakers you currently have
    -turn off your bb's radio whenever it's near the speakers

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Yep... strong BB signal when data is being transmitted... this is true of most devices transmitting data near a speaker though...

Not just Curves

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

You have heard anything until you put a IDEN radio next to a speaker.....
    BB8900 is mine!

arcsum68 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thats a GSM (AT&T) thing, you wont find that on a CDMA (Verizon) device. I have both, and have always found it annoying that GSM creates that interference.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by arcsum68
    Thats a GSM (AT&T) thing, you wont find that on a CDMA (Verizon) device. I have both, and have always found it annoying that GSM creates that interference.
    cdma devices dont because its spread spectrum... All tdma based tech devices will do this.
    BB8900 is mine!

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~for me, is that, u can maybe find out the so called blind spot, where my lovely curve can still be placed on my desk without making the speakers buzz!! Hope u can find yours too!! Good luck lol

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I haven't noticed that with my 8830.
    By the way how is the speaker comparison between the two?

dkirchik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2432a7ba

wow.. ok.. I am as my job a Digital Audio Sound Mixer for Atlantic Records. Ive had the problem allways have had the problem.. If you have expensive speakers i dont know what company but if they ran you a lot of money out of the pocket keep your phone away from them. there is no way to shield your speakers.. its acctually what the baffel and cone of the speaker that causes it.. I found that Klipsch with the carbon baffels and brass plated nickle cones are the best in dealing with cell phone interference. I dont get it anymore.. B&O only company that has shilded speakers but will run you about $15,000.00 per every 2 speakers. Klipsch way cheaper just as good.

For now keep your phone away from those speakers every time you hear the buzz your speakers hear it too.. everytime your speakers produce that sound your destroying them.. also the fidelity and just exactly what those speakers put out such as 7-25kilihertz can change to 20-17,000kilihertz. greatly reducing your sound.

what kind of speakers do you have? sometimes changing the type of cable you use can stop the IFRA interference.