Results 1 to 12 of 12

Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I just upgraded yesterday, at my wife's suggestion, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    cj5150's Avatar
    cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Posts
    50

    Curve Contact List Icons?

    Advertisement



    Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I just upgraded yesterday, at my wife's suggestion, from a Razr to a new Curve. This phone is amazing!

    I was able to transer my contact list (phone #'s) from my Razr by simply taking out the sim card and putting it in the new Curve. But on my Razr, if I had one name entry with, say, 4 different numbers, each numer showed an icon for the type I assigned it to... work, home, cell, etc.

    With my contact list on my new Curve, I simply has a big list of names. If it's a name with more then one number (of which I have many), they don't differentiate between work, home, cell, etc. So I keep having to look at the 1st number, back up and go to the next number etc. until I find the number I'm looking for.

    Is there a way in the Curve to add icons to each phone #, or is there any software that would help?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    kpishdadi's Avatar
    kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    201

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    Razr adds each contact multiple times

    blackberry adds multiple numbers to one contact. So your list should not have one persons name multiple times, it should have one persons name, then when you click on it.... it will ask you which number you want to call.

    I suggest syncing with a desktop, re-organizing your phonebook, and then syncing it back to your phone.

  3. #3
    cj5150's Avatar
    cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Posts
    50

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    CRAP. I thought that might be the case. Can anyone suggest a good (and comprehensive) address/contact software package for the Curve?

  4. #4
    Dream Rider's Avatar
    Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    174

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    I will put the type of number in the name, ie Jim cell Smith, John work Jones.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

  5. #5
    kpishdadi's Avatar
    kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    201

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    cj: you can use outlook, it comes free with windows, or if you use BES, use whatever mail client you connect to exchange with.

  6. #6
    consorzio's Avatar
    consorzio no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by cj5150
    I was able to transer my contact list (phone #'s) from my Razr by simply taking out the sim card and putting it in the new Curve. But on my Razr, if I had one name entry with, say, 4 different numbers, each numer showed an icon for the type I assigned it to... work, home, cell, etc.
    Since you mentioned it, is there a way to transfer the address book on a Verizon RAZR to a Tmo Curve? I am changing in the next two weeks.

  7. #7
    cj5150's Avatar
    cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Posts
    50

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    I'm a Mac guy, and find Outlook a bit janky, but I appreciate the info!

  8. #8
    wu-wei's Avatar
    wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!
    Posts
    114

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    I just stumbled upon a package called RSVP that looks to do what you're asking about. I want it because I need to export call logs, and I'm not sure it'll do that, but it certainly looks like it handles calls and phone numbers much like the Moto system.

    http://www.colabnet.com/index.php/home/products/rsvp/

    It's $14.95 after a 7-day trial. I hope that helps.

  9. #9
    DCookSta's Avatar
    DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by consorzio
    Since you mentioned it, is there a way to transfer the address book on a Verizon RAZR to a Tmo Curve? I am changing in the next two weeks.
    That could be a little tricky without a sim card. If you have a program like Motorola phone tools you can send the contacts to your computer then sync you BB with that. You may be able to bluetooth them off to the BB as well. Hmmm

  10. #10
    cj5150's Avatar
    cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Posts
    50

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei
    I just stumbled upon a package called RSVP that looks to do what you're asking about. I want it because I need to export call logs, and I'm not sure it'll do that, but it certainly looks like it handles calls and phone numbers much like the Moto system.

    http://www.colabnet.com/index.php/home/products/rsvp/

    It's $14.95 after a 7-day trial. I hope that helps.
    THAT is what I'm looking for... thank you very much! I'll post a "review" after I download it and give it a shot...

  11. #11
    wu-wei's Avatar
    wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!
    Posts
    114

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by cj5150
    THAT is what I'm looking for... thank you very much! I'll post a "review" after I download it and give it a shot...
    I thought that might do the trick.

    RSVP doesn't quite fill the bill for my quest to find an easy method of exporting call logs, but I'm glad it was helpful. I kinda miss the Moto way of handling multiple phones for one contact, and I think this app has great promise just in terms of making it clear at a glance who called you from where, and where you're likely to get back in touch with them, rather than scrolling through menus.

  12. #12
    lbsevydiva's Avatar
    lbsevydiva no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

    if anyone needs motorola phone tools pm me and ill send it over.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •