Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I just upgraded yesterday, at my wife's suggestion, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Curve Contact List Icons?

Advertisement

Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I just upgraded yesterday, at my wife's suggestion, from a Razr to a new Curve. This phone is amazing!

I was able to transer my contact list (phone #'s) from my Razr by simply taking out the sim card and putting it in the new Curve. But on my Razr, if I had one name entry with, say, 4 different numbers, each numer showed an icon for the type I assigned it to... work, home, cell, etc.

With my contact list on my new Curve, I simply has a big list of names. If it's a name with more then one number (of which I have many), they don't differentiate between work, home, cell, etc. So I keep having to look at the 1st number, back up and go to the next number etc. until I find the number I'm looking for.

Is there a way in the Curve to add icons to each phone #, or is there any software that would help?

Thanks!

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Curve Contact List Icons?

Razr adds each contact multiple times

blackberry adds multiple numbers to one contact. So your list should not have one persons name multiple times, it should have one persons name, then when you click on it.... it will ask you which number you want to call.

I suggest syncing with a desktop, re-organizing your phonebook, and then syncing it back to your phone.

PIN/ID
    pm me

CRAP. I thought that might be the case. Can anyone suggest a good (and comprehensive) address/contact software package for the Curve?

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

I will put the type of number in the name, ie Jim cell Smith, John work Jones.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

cj: you can use outlook, it comes free with windows, or if you use BES, use whatever mail client you connect to exchange with.

consorzio no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cj5150
    I was able to transer my contact list (phone #'s) from my Razr by simply taking out the sim card and putting it in the new Curve. But on my Razr, if I had one name entry with, say, 4 different numbers, each numer showed an icon for the type I assigned it to... work, home, cell, etc.
    Since you mentioned it, is there a way to transfer the address book on a Verizon RAZR to a Tmo Curve? I am changing in the next two weeks.

PIN/ID
    pm me

I'm a Mac guy, and find Outlook a bit janky, but I appreciate the info!

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

I just stumbled upon a package called RSVP that looks to do what you're asking about. I want it because I need to export call logs, and I'm not sure it'll do that, but it certainly looks like it handles calls and phone numbers much like the Moto system.

http://www.colabnet.com/index.php/home/products/rsvp/

It's $14.95 after a 7-day trial. I hope that helps.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by consorzio
    Since you mentioned it, is there a way to transfer the address book on a Verizon RAZR to a Tmo Curve? I am changing in the next two weeks.
    That could be a little tricky without a sim card. If you have a program like Motorola phone tools you can send the contacts to your computer then sync you BB with that. You may be able to bluetooth them off to the BB as well. Hmmm

PIN/ID
    pm me

Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei
    I just stumbled upon a package called RSVP that looks to do what you're asking about. I want it because I need to export call logs, and I'm not sure it'll do that, but it certainly looks like it handles calls and phone numbers much like the Moto system.

http://www.colabnet.com/index.php/home/products/rsvp/

It's $14.95 after a 7-day trial. I hope that helps.
    THAT is what I'm looking for... thank you very much! I'll post a "review" after I download it and give it a shot...

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

Quote Originally Posted by cj5150
    THAT is what I'm looking for... thank you very much! I'll post a "review" after I download it and give it a shot...
    I thought that might do the trick.

RSVP doesn't quite fill the bill for my quest to find an easy method of exporting call logs, but I'm glad it was helpful. I kinda miss the Moto way of handling multiple phones for one contact, and I think this app has great promise just in terms of making it clear at a glance who called you from where, and where you're likely to get back in touch with them, rather than scrolling through menus.

lbsevydiva no está en línea Stack level 1

if anyone needs motorola phone tools pm me and ill send it over.