Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce myself as I believe I will be here quite ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Afrojoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve coming today...I'm so excited.

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself as I believe I will be here quite often. My bb8330 is due to get here any minute now and I have a few questions.

1. Any recommendations on either free software or relatively low cost ware?
    2. Are there any tips for a new owner you might have (eg.. . setup, battery life).
    3. Where is a good place to find free or cheap software downloads, and what type of software (java, pocketpc, symbian) am I looking for. I have looked around, and it's kinda confusing for a noob.

Anyway, any replies would be appreciated. I look forward to swapping posts with everyone!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    afrojoe! welcome to pinstack!

1) it really depends on what you are 'into' there are free apps for just about every genre out there from themes and games to productivity!
    Check here for all the latest free downloads

2) remember to download the OS (device firmware) for your blackberry from your carrier site and install it IN ADDITION to the desktop manager software that comes with your bb on an install disk. if you don't install the device software, then you may not be able to load themes/apps.

3) you are wanting java based. most mobile app sites have a breakdown of applications based on devices. so just make sure that you select the proper device before purchasing any software. check the pinstack bb shop for commercial apps/themes.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome to Pinstack AfroJoe, you've found the right place for Everything about Blackberry.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Trust me, you will find the answer here. I would recommend you to browse this site. And you will be amazed by whats all here.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey, welcome to the PinStack and BlackBerry worlds, Joe!

You're in good hands here for all your questions and issues!

Step through this thread to familiarize with our site and once again, a big welcome!

Roger

Thanks everyone, and for those who haven't replied, please do. Any wisdom is very welcome.
    Jerome

May your battery life be long, and your BlackBerry be fruitful.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    as far as applications goes.. It depends on what you want your phone to do. My phone is still primarily a phone to me, i just check my email and browse the web, whenever im bored and dont have a pc with internet access.
    The only apps i have worth mentioning on my phone is AIM, yahoo messenger, windows live messenger, nfl mobile live and mlb.com mobile, oh and google mobile apps (its tight). Your carrier should have killer apps such as navigation and tv service if they support it.

tuteblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A972A9
    welcome your life its about to begin.....

Okay, I got the BB. I need to ask, is there any way to transfer my contacts from my old phone....sanyo 8400 which uses a pim file? I tried over bluetooth, but for some reason my old phone kept saying that the bb was not available and yet the bb would send it's address book to the sanyo.
    Jerome

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have you installed desktop manager? I am pretty sure you can trnsfer PIM data thru DM.

Yeah, but the device transfer is only from palm and pocket pc's and such. My old phone is just a regular cell.
    Jerome

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Go to a sprint store and theyll do it for you. If im corrext. If not, you have to do the legwork.