Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a Blackberry 8300 Curve. I have downloaded the Multilanguage pack. This pack does ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spayce no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Curve Chinese Input

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry 8300 Curve. I have downloaded the Multilanguage pack. This pack does not include chinese. Blackberry is adversitesed as having chinese language support. I even have a pdf that explains how to install it, if I can find the software. I have had AT&T and RIM on the phone in a conference call, and they can't seem to help me. Does anyone have any suggestions about getting Chinese reading and Input onto this device.
    Last edited by spayce; 06-19-2007 at 04:55 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Curve Chinese Input

spayce - which OS did you download? i believe there are 2 or 3 floating around..

spayce no está en línea Stack level 1

this is the language pack I downloaded. I did not update the OS. On cingular/bbdownloads I don't see any OS I can download. I am totally new to blackberry, how do I look at the OS version I have? 8300EFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.2.2_rel186_PL2.4.0.39_A4.2.2. 89_AT&T.exe

anawrahta no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi spayce, I don't own a Curve but will buying one soon, and I absolutely need Chinese input support as well. I came across this link (below) to Hong Kong's CSL, who have their version of the OS for the Curve. You might want to check it out.

blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=EEFC9E10EBDC4A2333B42B2DBB8F27B6

xilongtoo no está en línea Stack level 1

hello,

does anybody know what software should be installed to bb8800 to read chinese, please?

thanks

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

which chinese input method are u talking abt, stroke or what?? if you are looking for stroke, it is only avaliable here in Hong Kong with Vodafone smartone!!
    http://www.smartone-vodafone.com/jsp...e_download.jsp
    Gtalk:bobhammer
    Yahoo:bobhammer3
    Msn:bobhammer3

Thanks. Actually I just need to read Chinese emails and text messages. Unfortunately, Chinese is not supported in my 8800.

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

nono...use the link above that i provided....go to 8800 that section download it, delete the vendor file, this os should be able to let u read chinese and and send msg in chinese!!
    Gtalk:bobhammer
    Yahoo:bobhammer3
    Msn:bobhammer3

muck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054A42F

ive given up with the chinese packages that come with the lastest os.. as it seems to be missing some characters....... as i dont need input..
    these files came from blackberryforums i think.. for the 8100... they seem to work fine on my curve

thats all that matters i guess
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by muck
    ive given up with the chinese packages that come with the lastest os.. as it seems to be missing some characters....... as i dont need input..
    these files came from blackberryforums i think.. for the 8100... they seem to work fine on my curve

Yes. I tried it. but it did not work. maybe it was because I didnot delete the vendor files. Then, can you please tell me how to delete these files.

In addition, I am going to travel to China. Is there anybody who knows how to do the switch service in china?

muck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054A42F

just add application when in the desktop manager... add both the files.. and you should be able to read chinese...

u dont have to fiddle with the vendor files...

roaming is automatic ?

Smile Re: Curve Chinese Input

just add application when in the desktop manager... add both the files.. and you should be able to read chinese...

u dont have to fiddle with the vendor files...

roaming is automatic ?
    Yes. I can now read chinese. Thank you so much.

Cheers!

sindu no está en línea Stack level 1

So anyone figure out the chinese input for 8300 ??? I played with my colleague 8800 earlier and I found out that in the setting, his 8800 can actually change the input to chinese and there are several option avialable such as pinyin etc...

I had asked Singtel (singapore) today whether their 8300 has the capability to input in chinese but their answer is no.. however, they said that the 8300 can display chinese character in both sms and email. What a lame !!!! But I think they got it wrong... right ??? I mean the 8800 was able to write in chinese...
    Last edited by sindu; 08-22-2007 at 11:25 AM.

maninmotion34 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just downloaded the zip file and it works perfect on my 8300. Thank you, Muck! Does anyone know where to get pinyin input for Chinese for 8300? Thanks.

sindu no está en línea Stack level 1

My 8300 curve with 4.2.2.114 version does allow us to input chinese in various method and ofcourse do display chinese in both email and sms. My 8300 is under Singtel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast