Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I went onto at&t/cingular's website and there charging 4 the 8800 $299.99 while the curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

curve cheaper than 8800???

Advertisement

I went onto at&t/cingular's website and there charging 4 the 8800 $299.99 while the curve is $100 bucks cheaper at $199.99-anyone know why the curve while newer is so much cheaper? Or why is it cheaper at all? Shouldn't it be more expensive if anything??

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Re: curve cheaper than 8800???

im thinking that the 8800 has the intergrated gps and the curve does not

Joey Ruff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f52e12

The curve is the 8800 without internal gps, and with a 2.0 mp cam. Its 100 dollars less because they are air dropping them in darfur so george clooney can text the africans. So now the curve is known as the dirty african blackberry, while the 8800 is still known as the direct gold love line to god. Curves smell too, oh and women can't stand men that don't keep it real and steady rock the eight e eight.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ruff
    The curve is the 8800 without internal gps, and with a 2.0 mp cam. Its 100 dollars less because they are air dropping them in darfur so george clooney can text the africans. So now the curve is known as the dirty african blackberry, while the 8800 is still known as the direct gold love line to god. Curves smell too, oh and women can't stand men that don't keep it real and steady rock the eight e eight.
    Don't u have somewhere else to be or something else to do? Your aloof political commentary was neither funny nor desired... Go away-

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~follow the money... The target market for the 8800 is business.. While the curve is crossing over to the consumers.. Business=more expensive...

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

For a real answer I think its because the 8800 has gps. The curve doesn't. I think that's the main reason. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by frkhuda
    I went onto at&t/cingular's website and there charging 4 the 8800 $299.99 while the curve is $100 bucks cheaper at $199.99-anyone know why the curve while newer is so much cheaper? Or why is it cheaper at all? Shouldn't it be more expensive if anything??
    Not necessarily. Pricing does tend to drop as a device gets older but it's not the only factor that determines a device's price.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Also the hardware for GPS is slightly more expensive than the hardware for the camera, maybe enough to bump the retail price to be $50-$100 different.

budbundy2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well with the exception of the camera you can do more with the 8800 and open up a couple more different types of attachments. I mean it's so cool that I can use my 8800 as my only navigation system instead of what I was doing before, taking my 7290 and navigation system with me. I think the 8800 looks much better, Curve owners will disagree I'm sure. Also for some reason if you look at the posts there are way more users posting problems with the Curve than the 8800 and the 8800 has been out much longer. That would really make me nervous.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ruff

And you're known as a dumba$$! Wow I thought someone monitors this site!

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by budbundy2001
    Well with the exception of the camera you can do more with the 8800 and open up a couple more different types of attachments. I mean it's so cool that I can use my 8800 as my only navigation system instead of what I was doing before, taking my 7290 and navigation system with me. I think the 8800 looks much better, Curve owners will disagree I'm sure. Also for some reason if you look at the posts there are way more users posting problems with the Curve than the 8800 and the 8800 has been out much longer. That would really make me nervous.
    Bud, I am a Curve user, but consider myself pretty impartial... if it works it works, if it don't....
    To your point about the number of problems posts, this is true of ANY device or electronic item when it first launches... go back to the early posts in any forum about the 8800 - the posts in the first week or 2 are equally critical as what you are reading about the Curve... I could site hundreds of whines about the keyboard on your 8800 - - -

Early on, people have more questions and have little expertise... as those questions get answered and they get accustomed to a device, the questions and complaints slow down a degree.

If you look, I think you'd find this true - It's all still a matter of preference.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

rdilliswillis if someone monitored this site you wouldn't be putting any posts. Don't get me wrong any Blackberry is amazing. The subject is "curve cheaper than 8800" so don't get upset when people tell you why. Look at the camera on your Curve and see if it's centered, it's probably not even close oh and how does the trackball feel? Is it real loose? More of the Curves than not are made in Mexico and unfortunately RIM probably didn't quality check them before they were shipped. Just look at your box and see where it was made. Some in Canada but most in Mexico.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by budbundy2001
    rdilliswillis if someone monitored this site you wouldn't be putting any posts. Don't get me wrong any Blackberry is amazing. The subject is "curve cheaper than 8800" so don't get upset when people tell you why. Look at the camera on your Curve and see if it's centered, it's probably not even close oh and how does the trackball feel? Is it real loose? More of the Curves than not are made in Mexico and unfortunately RIM probably didn't quality check them before they were shipped. Just look at your box and see where it was made. Some in Canada but most in Mexico.

well budbundyhic if the tread is about why the 8300 is cheaper than the 8800, then why are stupid hics talking about dirty Africans?

ceehjayem no está en línea Stack level 1

I recently came across the decision on getting a new Curve and unlock it or get the T-Mobile black 8800 and chose the 8800 and went with my home network provider.
    Last edited by ceehjayem; 06-15-2007 at 02:59 AM.

rdillis I didn't say anything bad at all about Africans or anyone at all for that matter. I can't control what other people say in this forum. I've never been prejudice against anyone. We all built this country together but we can clearly see that you have something against white folks. SHAME ON YOU RDILLIS! If you're prejudice than good for you but let's keep it out of this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast