I have had problems with my curve and the calendar options and all that goes ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Barlow no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve camera problems- black box on screen

Advertisement

I have had problems with my curve and the calendar options and all that goes with that. i think that is finally fixed! Now i am having problems with the camera- i am getting an error message (could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.) I then get a 1 inch by 1.5 inch black box on my screen that will not go away unless i pull the battery and reboot. Anyone have any ideas?

userlan667 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve camera problems- black box on screen

Just return your BB. It sounds to me like you just got a defective one. :-(

VV1996 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Barlow
    I have had problems with my curve and the calendar options and all that goes with that. i think that is finally fixed! Now i am having problems with the camera- i am getting an error message (could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again.) I then get a 1 inch by 1.5 inch black box on my screen that will not go away unless i pull the battery and reboot. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm having the same issue. Did you have any luck on getting this fixed?

anawrahta no está en línea Stack level 1

Bump. I am having this problem, tried reloading the OS to the newest one, still doesn't work. Returning the phone is a HUGE PAIN because I like in the Chinese hinterlands and I bought the phone from Hong Kong CSL. If anyone has a solution please help.

update: ok this is dumb, but this problem has been happening to me for 2 days and I tried everything, finally just after I post this, I take out the battery (did it already to no effect), also took out the sim card and the memory card and blew into the device has hard as possible to get all the dust out of there. start it up and bingo the camera works fine. don't know what the deal was but I hope this is helpful to someone.
    Last edited by anawrahta; 11-16-2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: fixed

rajgrghk no está en línea Stack level 1

Can any1 help me to enable my camera in bb8300..... whenever i turn on my camera a msg appears stating "Camera has been disabled by your system administrator" can som1 plz help me to sort out with this problem. advance thanks

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You have a BES administrative policy in effect. Although they can be overridden, you can be fired for such actions as it is seen as a breach of company securtity and messing with company policy. Your best and safest bet is to talk to someonein IT and see if they will reenable it. Otherwise, the directions are out there, but you will have to search for them as most won't help you with breaking policy (now if you bought it used with a plicy on it and are providing your own BIS/hosetd BES and it isn't against company policy....you could be in luck).

kenmand12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by anawrahta View Post
    Bump. I am having this problem, tried reloading the OS to the newest one, still doesn't work. Returning the phone is a HUGE PAIN because I like in the Chinese hinterlands and I bought the phone from Hong Kong CSL. If anyone has a solution please help.

update: ok this is dumb, but this problem has been happening to me for 2 days and I tried everything, finally just after I post this, I take out the battery (did it already to no effect), also took out the sim card and the memory card and blew into the device has hard as possible to get all the dust out of there. start it up and bingo the camera works fine. don't know what the deal was but I hope this is helpful to someone.
    Not a dump solution I tried it and it worked good one, I recon the problem may be in the memory card department I am just guessing.

gonzalaj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2416B4E9
    I have the same problem, try to do it but problem still there, any other sugestion?