This is an interesting one and I'm very curious to see what other Curve'rs out ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve battery drain when making calls

Advertisement

This is an interesting one and I'm very curious to see what other Curve'rs out there think about this.

My Curve's battery life is very good as long as i dont make calls. just browsing and e-mailing it can last for days but when i make a 1-hr or a few half hour calls battery level just seems to dip dramatically. i know it supposed to last for about 5hrs of call time but to be honest i cant see that happening (though haven't yet talked that much on a single charge)
    Clearing up all the unnecessary languages (using the setup wizard) definitely helped it to be more responsive as it freed up loads of memory for the OS and apps to run more smoothly but the battery still seems to drain awful fast when I'm using the phone...

has anyone seen this? any ideas on how to improve this?

Cheers
    Rash..

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Re: Curve battery drain when making calls

~via BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I surfed most of the day yesterday and made a 45 minute phone call and several other calls. I still had 50% battery last night. I thought that was pretty good. Oh and I listened to music for a while as well.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

Re: Curve battery drain when making calls

Quote Originally Posted by rashumon
    This is an interesting one and I'm very curious to see what other Curve'rs out there think about this.

My Curve's battery life is very good as long as i dont make calls. just browsing and e-mailing it can last for days but when i make a 1-hr or a few half hour calls battery level just seems to dip dramatically. i know it supposed to last for about 5hrs of call time but to be honest i cant see that happening (though haven't yet talked that much on a single charge)
    Clearing up all the unnecessary languages (using the setup wizard) definitely helped it to be more responsive as it freed up loads of memory for the OS and apps to run more smoothly but the battery still seems to drain awful fast when I'm using the phone...

has anyone seen this? any ideas on how to improve this?

Cheers
    Rash..
    Hi there. I came up with a couple possible reason why this is happening. First, are you talking on the phone with bluetooth? If so, do you keep the bluetooth on all day as well? Bluetooth definitely will drain your battery significantly. Is your phone set on vibrate when you use it? I read some where in the forums here that the vibrate alert drains a lot of juice from your Curve. The last thing I could think of was a possible battery problem/phone problem? Perhaps you should go back to your cingular store and exchange it...Please let us know what your outcome is as I am very curious to know if this is a bug or a phone malfunction.