Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by jhcodell I need help. I have ATT curve and am trying to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Re: Curve as tethered modem?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jhcodell View Post
    I need help. I have ATT curve and am trying to use it as tethered modem. I have followed all the steps to set it up etc. Do I have to have a pay plan with ATT to use it for the internet?
    you have to have a data plan for your curve through att for this to work (data through att because thats who your service provider is... mine is tmobile)...

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jhcodell View Post
    I need help. I have ATT curve and am trying to use it as tethered modem. I have followed all the steps to set it up etc. Do I have to have a pay plan with ATT to use it for the internet?
    There is a specific BlackBerry Tethering plan you have to pay for through AT&T. It's called "BlackBerry Enterprise plus Tethering Add-on" and it's $60/mo. There doesn't seem to be any tethering plans for personal BIS, but I have the enterprise one and it works w/ my BIS account. I'm thinking about removing it though because it's so expensive. Tethering may work without the plan, but if it does I believe they will charge you on a per kilobyte basis ($.005/KB I think).
    Last edited by bonebox; 02-13-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Scarlett no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am on BIS and have the tethering plan with ATT and it works but costs 60 a month.

SheldonJace no está en línea Stack level 1
    AWESOME!

Thanks JonesJJ I followed your instructions perfectly and I am now posting this using my Curve Modem

Now does anyone know how to set it up using Bluetooth?!?!? That would be really nice! I know my friend uses his all the time with his pearl.

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Same as setting it up with the usb cable. But you need to have the phone and computer paired via blue tooth. It should install the blue tooth modem drivers automatically. My blue tooth modem is always com40.

Splitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    This worked perfectly for me!

Just have to remember to start Desktop Manger 1st THEN start the dial-up connection.

This will be good, especially for the hotels that I travel that charge like$10/day for internet.

Now, speed isn't all THAT obviously. EDGE is slow to beging with but hell, slow is better than nothing I suppose.

According to bestdata.com - I was connected to them @ 150k/sec. Not bad.

Definitely slower than the 6MB/sec I get with Fiber Optics!

I'm impressed tho!

Thanks jonesjj for finding the step by step instructions!

Splitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    is there a bluetooth-USB adapter?

Wonder if it's "Better" (speed won't change tho, but would get rid of the cable between the phone and computer.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitz View Post
    is there a bluetooth-USB adapter?

Wonder if it's "Better" (speed won't change tho, but would get rid of the cable between the phone and computer.
    Yes, there are Bluetooth USB adapters. I bought one from Wal-Mart for $20 (ioGear brand, I believe), which I don't recommend. I got it working, but it kept disconnecting me pretty frequently. I hooked the cable back up, and it works just fine. Not having to deal with an extra cable is nice, but just be careful which Bluetooth adapter you buy.

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    i have been using the curve on tmobile for 6 months now on my xp laptop/vista laptop and even on my mom's macbook for a week lol .... there is a good walkthru on pinstack showing you how to set ip up
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

RiSKeY no está en línea Stack level 2
    i wll try its thaxxxx

texas254fem no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks!! Ill try this n let u kn0 how it g0es!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123