I know I'm new with this but I spent the last weeks tweaking and testing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

Curve annoyances

Advertisement

I know I'm new with this but I spent the last weeks tweaking and testing my Curve, spending countless nights without sleeping (please don't call me a crackberry... it sounds awful). In any case after all this I still have some issues that I would like to know if they can be changed/fixed or I'm missing something about them.

1. I'm using the Today theme and even though I set my default date format to DD/MM/YYYY I get the 2 calendar entries shown with the format MM/DD. I read that changing to English UK might fix that but I don't have that language in my device. Some people also say that using Today Plus theme fixes that but it isn't available for Curve. Shouldn't we report this to RIM as a bug? Where do you report bugs to RIM?

2. In the phone feature options I have the Voice Mail settings. I could set the number to dial but whenever I put the password it crashes with an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException". Another bug? It seams so for what I read here but the issue is for how long one has to wait for an update to fix these kind of issues? I have the latest firmware for my provider.

3. Is there a way with the bundled Media Player to play directories? I'm used to save music in directories and I want to play everything on that directory. xPlayer (3rd party app) can do that but I like better the other application style and integration with the Blackberry.

4. Is there any way like with Palm based devices to save programs into the SD storage? It would be useful to free some memory from the device but I can't seem to find how to do it.

5. Why Call Log in the Today theme doesn't show the last calls? Is there a way to make it working that way?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Anyway, I'm happy with the device. I hope to see it improving this year.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Curve annoyances

don't have one! wanna get one! So just gonna sit and watch this one!

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato
    I know I'm new with this but I spent the last weeks tweaking and testing my Curve, spending countless nights without sleeping (please don't call me a crackberry... it sounds awful). In any case after all this I still have some issues that I would like to know if they can be changed/fixed or I'm missing something about them.

1. I'm using the Today theme and even though I set my default date format to DD/MM/YYYY I get the 2 calendar entries shown with the format MM/DD. I read that changing to English UK might fix that but I don't have that language in my device. Some people also say that using Today Plus theme fixes that but it isn't available for Curve. Shouldn't we report this to RIM as a bug? Where do you report bugs to RIM?

2. In the phone feature options I have the Voice Mail settings. I could set the number to dial but whenever I put the password it crashes with an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException". Another bug? It seams so for what I read here but the issue is for how long one has to wait for an update to fix these kind of issues? I have the latest firmware for my provider.

3. Is there a way with the bundled Media Player to play directories? I'm used to save music in directories and I want to play everything on that directory. xPlayer (3rd party app) can do that but I like better the other application style and integration with the Blackberry.

4. Is there any way like with Palm based devices to save programs into the SD storage? It would be useful to free some memory from the device but I can't seem to find how to do it.

5. Why Call Log in the Today theme doesn't show the last calls? Is there a way to make it working that way?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Anyway, I'm happy with the device. I hope to see it improving this year.
    1) Believe this is based on the theme itself? theme maker's can clarify this, i usually make ZEN themes or use them.

2) what carrier are you using? i leave the password field blank, the VM password is stored usually on the vm network, so you need to input when you call. I would try leaving the vm number in there and pw field blank.

3) To play directories this is what i do because i have a radio edit folder and a no edited folder since i play music via stereo bluetooth in store for our radio. Open to the media app, hit the menu button, choose explore, then navigate like a windows explorer to your music folder's and choose the music folder you want to play once you are in that folder, you can hit menu and choose "play all" if you have folder's inside that folder it will play whatever is in those folders as well. The default setting of the media player seems to play everything that is music on the media card not seperating it by folders.

4) You cannot load programs via the memory card, only media.

5) Again, i don't use today themes.. but i thought they should show the last two numbers in your call log? a theme builder or constant today themer can clarify how it works.

Hope this helps, i would get a couple other people to post who are more used to the today themes to help with those concerns you had.

Any mistakes anyone feel free to correct me.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

1. Yes, I think so as well but I wasn't completely sure. I would have to wait for the Today Plus for Curve but it seems that the theme "API" is quite closed so people can't do much about it.

2. Telefonica. Two friends have the option set with the same device and same carrier so it's a software bug for sure. They use Spanish language and I use English. Don't even ask me to switch to Spanish. :P

3. I love you! That was what I was looking for.

4. I hope they change that decision for future revisions.

5. Now it shows the last two "missed" calls, but IMO that's not a log.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Glad i was able to help out somewhat
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    DonGato,
    In reference to #1, we have a forum titled "suggestions for RIM". You might want to post a suggestion there as well! There is also a sticky with an email address to email your suggestions directly to them! There are many many RIM employees who frequent this site. More than you would ever imagine. There are even a few who contribute frequently. While your issue may not be a. top priority, I'm sure your suggestions are heard!

1. I fixed this by using English (UK) that was available after reloading the OS on my Curve.
    2. Updated to last OS (Singapore) and that seemed to fix the issue. Now I have another one... I can't backup data with Desktop software when these options are set. Quite buggy BB. :P