Is there a way to configure Yahoo Messenger with The Curve/8300 I had it set ... BlackBerry Curve forum

untchble no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve and Yahoo Messenger

Advertisement

Is there a way to configure Yahoo Messenger with The Curve/8300

I had it set up on my 8800 but cannot find a fix.

Thanks!!!

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve and Yahoo Messenger

Quote Originally Posted by untchble
    Is there a way to configure Yahoo Messenger with The Curve/8300

I had it set up on my 8800 but cannot find a fix.

Thanks!!!
    I was under the impression that Y!M is good to go on Cingular devices now.

pnd4pnd no está en línea Stack level 1

i had to do the trick with the service book. search on bb forums for cingular and yahoo messenger and you will find instructions. worked like a charm for me

eric

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

i cant get yahoo to work on my new 8800??? i also contacted cingular stores and they said the curve wouldnt be in stores tell june 13th,,,i then contacted cingular vie phone and they said same! thanks!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy
    i cant get yahoo to work on my new 8800??? i also contacted cingular stores and they said the curve wouldnt be in stores tell june 13th,,,i then contacted cingular vie phone and they said same! thanks!
    Go into the Cingular/at&t section of this site a there's a how to post it that will walk you through it.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

... i also contacted cingular stores and they said the curve wouldnt be in stores tell june 13th,,,i then contacted cingular vie phone and they said same! thanks!
    sorry to hear you had mis-informed reps at the store AND on the phone. Tell them to go to www.cingular.com and they will see the Curve is out (for the phone reps, store reps just might not order them due to low demand in your area? or they could be wrong also haha talk with the locations manager perhaps).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

untchble no está en línea Stack level 1

Works now, thanks!!! Back in business with The Curve.

Go to how to configure Yahoo! Messenger on the forum.

Thanks!

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

i called cingular again today and they told me that my region was NOT due to get the curve untile after june 13th! then i called my locale store and was told to come and get my new curve!!!! humm? so i went down and got it! so now i am going to spend the rest of the day/night getting my bb/fix! everyone have a gr8 wknd! oh yeaaaaaaa and the store said there was no way yet for yahoo messenger on the curve! after they tried for three hours playing with it!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i called cingular again today and they told me that my region was NOT due to get the curve untile after june 13th! then i called my locale store and was told to come and get my new curve!!!! humm? so i went down and got it! so now i am going to spend the rest of the day/night getting my bb/fix! everyone have a gr8 wknd! oh yeaaaaaaa and the store said there was no way yet for yahoo messenger on the curve! after they tried for three hours playing with it!
    This is an excellent example of why being a Pinstack member is a necessity for any BB owner. As stated above check out the Cingular forum, there's a sticky in there on configuring Yahoo! Messenger for use on Cingular/at&t that works like a charm.

cuziwant no está en línea Stack level 1

Guys,

Does your yahoo messenger work with your contacts from MSN? On my computer I have contacts who are on MSN and can chat with me while i am on yahoo messenger however when i sign on with my bb i cannot see them on my contact list. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!