Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

i hope they are targeting a black friday release. that would make alot of sense ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ld-runner no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

i hope they are targeting a black friday release. that would make alot of sense from a marketing stand point. or maybe even a couple days before black friday so the AT&T ads can show the Bold and the 8900 side by side in them.... Bold for $299 and the new Curve for $199.... i can see it now

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    Yea that would def b sweet, then I could jus pick them both up for reasonable prices

«~The Chosen One~»™

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyj62 View Post
    I am extremely happy with my 8320! However I am starting to get the itch to get a new blackberry, I like what I see for both the javelin and especially the storm. Having TMO i will no doubt get the javelin. Will the storm be available for TMO
    I'm really looking forward to the Curve 8900. Other than it's lack of 3G, I see every reason for it to be one the most popular new BlackBerrys out of the current crop. The GSM version of the Storm will not work on T-Mobiles AWS 3G band. Therefore it will go to AT&T.
    sent via BlackBerry

Karlos16UK no está en línea Stack level 2
    I prefer the look of the Javelin but are potential buyers not being short changed by RIM again? No 3g until version 2 comes out later in the new year. Another unit rushed out in time for Christmas with all the potential for flaws experienced by Bold users.

I would love to wait until December to get an 8900 as my intro into BB ownership. I don't know what it is about these phones but it must be something amazing to get you guys to accept such poor customer service time after time, so I want to see what it is. But why oh why can they not just get it right first time?

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos16UK View Post
    I prefer the look of the Javelin but are potential buyers not being short changed by RIM again? No 3g until version 2 comes out later in the new year. Another unit rushed out in time for Christmas with all the potential for flaws experienced by Bold users.

I would love to wait until December to get an 8900 as my intro into BB ownership. I don't know what it is about these phones but it must be something amazing to get you guys to accept such poor customer service time after time, so I want to see what it is. But why oh why can they not just get it right first time?
    I don't see how an almost 6 month delay of the Bold can be considered 'rushed' but the main reason why the Bold was so flawed when it was used prematurely on AT&T's network was because of 3G. And it wasn't even on RIM's part, it was AT&T's 3G network, which is why you saw it release everywhere ELSE in the world BUT the US. Most of the reports of problems come from people who purchased the Bold before it was actually released on AT&T. The EDGE 8900 shouldn't have too many network problems since it has no 3G.

I can't really comment on RIM's customer service since I've never actually called them directly, lol... And if there's any company that DOES take their time with devices, it's RIM. We've seen what REALLY happens when you rush a device out the door with Apple. And from what's been popping up on different gadget sites, the 8900 is pretty much ready for prime time.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

tkao2025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you all think it's just wishful thinking on our parts that this device will come out before Christmas? There's been no official announcement and it's the middle of Nov already and holiday shopping will be full swing in a week or two.....this and they haven't started shipping the touch screen berry yet....I'm sure that's taking up a lot of RIM's resources.

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Why can't you guys and gals understand that there are different devices for different people? It doesn't matter if the Storm is coming out. Not every person is on Verizon or/and wants a touchscreen device. It doesn't matter that the Bold just came out. Not everyone cares for a high end BB. This is where the 8900 comes in. Very consumer friendly with a generous price point for the market.

so again, it doesn't matter that the Bold/Storm is out or coming out...the 8900 will be out real soon for the mass market.

if RIM can be buddy buddy with Germany, expect a US release around the same time. you don't think the 8900 is all boxed up and ready to go somewhere? think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    I don't see how an almost 6 month delay of the Bold can be considered 'rushed' but the main reason why the Bold was so flawed when it was used prematurely on AT&T's network was because of 3G. And it wasn't even on RIM's part, it was AT&T's 3G network, which is why you saw it release everywhere ELSE in the world BUT the US. Most of the reports of problems come from people who purchased the Bold before it was actually released on AT&T. The EDGE 8900 shouldn't have too many network problems since it has no 3G.

I can't really comment on RIM's customer service since I've never actually called them directly, lol... And if there's any company that DOES take their time with devices, it's RIM. We've seen what REALLY happens when you rush a device out the door with Apple. And from what's been popping up on different gadget sites, the 8900 is pretty much ready for prime time.
    You should read some of the threads on the Bold forum.

I also have to say that the fact that Orange UK and AT&T suspended sales of the Bold because of quality and software issues does kind of point to it being released before it was ready to get it out there for what is I guess one of the busiest periods for Mobile phone sales. Every day it wasn't out there it was losing customers to other phones or networks so if you believe they didn't get it rushed out then so be it.

To blame the provider because a phone manufacturer cannot meet the advertised and contracted SLA is churlish to say the least.

I think you missed my point however, or maybe I was not clear. My main beef is from what I have read here, RIM seem to have a history of releasing models that are flawed in some way, only to release an updated version of the same phone within a relatively short time.

You can read it on every forum here. The next Bold will be fantastic, the 8910 will be everything you could ever want including 3g when the 8900 is not out yet!!

I find this amateurish in the extreme and cannot understand why you guys have put up with it model release after model release. I hope to gain understanding as I will buy a BB before the year end, in the knowledge it will no doubt be out of date very soon and be replaced with a new improved unit out there within the year.

The iphone is a clear example of what I am trying to describe as poor customer service. People queued up for hours here to buy a phone at up to $800 only to find before they got it home that they should have waited for the next version, madness.
    Customer service is not just the experience you get when you call them with a problem or issue, I should know it’s one of the subjects I train our people in, it’s everything you experience or feel about the product you buy, how it performs, and how the company deal with you when you contact them if you have to.

I have said I love the look of the Bold and the new 8900 looks even better but the problems I have read with the Bold here and elsewhere have turned me away from the Bold and the lack of 3g makes the 8900 a poor option for me.
    I am twitching here wanting to get on the BB ladder but they are not making it easy. I am so looking forward to not having to take my laptop and 3g data card everywhere and yet still be able to receive emails and browse the web that I am salivating but I am not one for compromising where a service provider is concerned

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    8900=free GPS+Wifi+QWERTY + $20 data(no 3g)
    9500=Bigscreen browsing+touchscreen+payper GPS+3g+$30 data
    I like the choices, let's get the phones!
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos16UK View Post
    You should read some of the threads on the Bold forum.

(long post lol)

I have said I love the look of the Bold and the new 8900 looks even better but the problems I have read with the Bold here and elsewhere have turned me away from the Bold and the lack of 3g makes the 8900 a poor option for me.
    I am twitching here wanting to get on the BB ladder but they are not making it easy. I am so looking forward to not having to take my laptop and 3g data card everywhere and yet still be able to receive emails and browse the web that I am salivating but I am not one for compromising where a service provider is concerned
    Well, you're right about me not looking around in the Bold forums, I stopped checking them once the Bold was about to release, which is why I was really under the impression that the problems only occurred before the actual release. And AT&T never suspended sales, it was jsut a grueling delay with the release. But I still believe that most of the problems were with the network and less with the phone itself, with respect to AT&T. I can't say much about other non-US carriers.

But I understand your gripe with them releasing half of a phone and then releasing a 'fixed' version later... But I'm not one to jump from phone to phone with RIM, I've only had ONE blackberry, my 8310 for about a year, and haven't wanted anything else other than it until I saw the Javelin.

This is where personal preference comes in. I'm fine with EDGE on my Curve, I don't do much heavy surfing on my BB any way, but there are people that do, and feel like they'd die with out 3G...lol. That's why the Javelin appeals to me. Some people who will buy the Bold will get it without even knowing what 3G is, or OS 4.6; they jsut want the newest Blackberry out. But I digress...

I believe that the release of a fixed or 'slightly updated' version of a phone could be more of a push for a different market, however small it is. And if you analyze it, the slight updates are really all most Blackberries need. RIM has a damn good thing going with nearly all of their Blackberries, and changing that formula too drastically could mean the destruction of a fan base and a drop in sales. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who deal with multiple Blackberries and will buy every new one that comes out. But that's a small percentage of people; remember, the stacks only represent a portion of BB owners.

Oops double post.
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 11-12-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Why can't you guys and gals understand that there are different devices for different people? It doesn't matter if the Storm is coming out. Not every person is on Verizon or/and wants a touchscreen device. It doesn't matter that the Bold just came out. Not everyone cares for a high end BB. This is where the 8900 comes in. Very consumer friendly with a generous price point for the market.

so again, it doesn't matter that the Bold/Storm is out or coming out...the 8900 will be out real soon for the mass market.

if RIM can be buddy buddy with Germany, expect a US release around the same time. you don't think the 8900 is all boxed up and ready to go somewhere? think about it.
    Well I hope you are right about the Javelin coming soon.

My point was only that I didn't know if RIM had the resources to launch all these devices and fix all the problems as I've read with BOLD and STORM. This is the first time that RIM has had all new products launched all around the same time. Not that I'm hoping they can't do it...on the contrary, but I was just a little weary if it can be done.

Don't know if posted, but here's a quick review of the 8900...apparently he didn't like it that much. From reading the BLOG I find there's something that may bug me as well, like the micro USB and where it's placed...

http://vowe.net/archives/010066.html

Anounced on T-Mobile Germany for release in mid November, which is right about now I guess

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    Don't know if posted, but here's a quick review of the 8900...apparently he didn't like it that much. From reading the BLOG I find there's something that may bug me as well, like the micro USB and where it's placed...

http://vowe.net/archives/010066.html
    lol a completely biased review and he has an infatuation with the Bold. the sides are rubberized, what is he smokin?

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast