Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by bbkid8320 The blackberry 8900 will be out for tmobile first and the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bbkid8320 View Post
    The blackberry 8900 will be out for tmobile first and the schedule release date is late jan through early feb. It will not be released in 08.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are correct that T-Mobile will not get the 8900 until '09. However, AT&T will more than likely release it before then. It's currently being field tested by AT&T, and it really doesn't need much testing. The odds T-Mobile releases it before AT&T it about 30%.

BlackBerry News has a story up about the 8900's simulator coming soon. I can't wait.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Kudos for your Excellent Post!

I truly enjoyed all of the valid, well thought out points you've made. Want vs. Need is indeed summing it up quite nicely.
    * WiFi & 3G, 100% of my net time is on WiFi. And yet like you, I always have one of my laptops with me. Always. And I frequent Starbucks a lot, to meet clients as well as to perform after meeting reports etc. So while I don't "need" it on my BB, it would be a very nice extra if you will, for those times when I just want to pop in, grab a beverage and check a few things on the web, without having to carry in my laptop bag. (am I getting lazy? )
    * Better Brower, I concur hands down.
    Thanks! I'm always enjoying your posts so I respect that you are interested in mine!

I'm trying really hard to attempt to be subjective. I love new technology, and I know that I'd spend more time and money than is really practical for every new device if I didn't at least attempt to look at things with a critical eye.

I have to admit that while I'm leery of touch screen devices, I'm really interested in the Storm. The idea of a really good screen in a landscape orientation with a truly good browser would make my life much simpler! If the browser was capable, I'd actually be able to leave my laptop at home!

Granted, I'd need WIFI and 3g for this to work.

The only concern with this is the keyboard. I love the idea of both a suretype keyboard as well as a normal keyboard as I would be able to use one or two hands as warranted. But it would have to work -- and work well. And that's my biggest fear.

The future is really looking interesting for handheld devices! I'm pretty excited!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I wish I could wait, but I think I will find myself getting the 8900, and then buying the 89xx(8900 w/3G) when it comes out next year. I really like the 4.6 OS on the bold so going back to the curve on 4.5 is a bit annoying, but now I have a phone I can throw around a little more.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24 View Post
    I wish I could wait, but I think I will find myself getting the 8900, and then buying the 89xx(8900 w/3G) when it comes out next year. I really like the 4.6 OS on the bold so going back to the curve on 4.5 is a bit annoying, but now I have a phone I can throw around a little more.
    You said:
    " but now I have a phone I can throw around a little more" and I laughed so hard! Thanks for the great humor. *he says as he too holds his trusty "throw around" 8310....
    There is something to say about having a "trusty BlackBerry " that we can just use & enjoy, instead of having to work on it. That said, you and I have made the same plans for moving ahead. I personally believe the new 89xx series will be one of RIM's best ever. And the beauty of it is that even though we will have to wait just a bit longer, in the mean time we have "throw around-no stress BlackBerrys"
    Thanks Again!
    Archer6
    sent via Curve 8310 the BlackBerry that just works ..

Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24 View Post
    Lol, that's what you say now. Just wait until you see the '09 lineup. Personally, I believe RIM is going to blow the competition away in 2009. The CDMA lineup is good, but the GSM lineup is GREAT!

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    ...AT&T will more than likely release it before then.
    If I may be frank...

BALLS! BALLS! CRAP BALLS!!!

TMO is the only viable option in my locale, and a can't bring myself to "settle" for an 8320 with the 8900 looming.

TMOs lack of decent product releases REALLY scorches me...

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I am extremely happy with my 8320! However I am starting to get the itch to get a new blackberry, I like what I see for both the javelin and especially the storm. Having TMO i will no doubt get the javelin. Will the storm be available for TMO (either unlocked or an offical launch)? If so I might have to take out a second mortgage on my house with all of these new BB's coming out LOL!!

soccer6_10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does anyone know yet when the Javelin will likely launch. I am hearing Black Friday, but I am also hearing jan 2009. Anyone have a "source" or something that has a good clue?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Had the bold for a day and sold it. Didn't like the browser, battery life, and build quality. Love my 8310 w/4.5 and extended battery to the extent that I'm not going to get wired into what's available till at least another year

tkao2025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer6_10 View Post
    Does anyone know yet when the Javelin will likely launch. I am hearing Black Friday, but I am also hearing jan 2009. Anyone have a "source" or something that has a good clue?
    Most likely 1st Quarter 2009....the only site that said possibly black friday was BGR but most I've heard with some inside info from RIM or T-mobile point to Jan or Feb 2009 release.

It is NOT launching on T-Mobile this year. AT&T is field testing the 8900 as we speak. It's possible it could launch on AT&T before Christmas.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    That would be amazing...

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    AT&T is done with FT and there are NO reported bugs. Hopefully we get this for the holidays. My backups phones aren't cutting it anymore lol. We should get a announcement from RIM real soon.

I also think it will have a generous price point, especially with the reasonable Storm prices.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    AT&T is done with FT and there are NO reported bugs. Hopefully we get this for the holidays. My backups phones aren't cutting it anymore lol. We should get a announcement from RIM real soon.

I also think it will have a generous price point, especially with the reasonable Storm prices.
    Rogers should be getting it before Xmas ... well see if it does actually happen.
    I do see this device only coming out around January worldwide tho.
    HOPEFULLY not.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast