Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

The blackberry 8900 will be out for tmobile first and the schedule release date is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bbkid8320 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

The blackberry 8900 will be out for tmobile first and the schedule release date is late jan through early feb. It will not be released in 08.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tkao2025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkid8320 View Post
    The blackberry 8900 will be out for tmobile first and the schedule release date is late jan through early feb. It will not be released in 08.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not what I wanted to hear......just curious how you got your information and how solid your information is as I want to decide whether to buy a new BB to hold over or switch to ATT for the Bold.

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    lol I laugh at the info you spill. Especially when we have seen at&t branded 8900 on the net already. t-mobile always goes 2nd. let me guess, your "guy" at the "store" told you lol. stop spilling false info.

So does someone have a more definitive or at least a good educated guess at the release on T-mobile? The only BB that T-Mobile got first I believe was the Pearl series of phones. However, I'm guessing because ATT got the Bold that T-mobile may have a shot at getting the Javelin first.

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    So does someone have a more definitive or at least a good educated guess at the release on T-mobile? The only BB that T-Mobile got first I believe was the Pearl series of phones. However, I'm guessing because ATT got the Bold that T-mobile may have a shot at getting the Javelin first.
    well t-mobile passed on the bold...at&t got the curve first and we should see the same thing again. nov/dec is a big release time for at&t. t-mobile is just gonna have to wait its turn. don't worry you got the all might pearl flip, sidekick, and the google looking thing lol

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I cant wait for the 8900!! especially since TMO doesnt have any new BB's other then the flip

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    So if you decide to switch, which device is of interest to you? Curious BlackBerry addicts want to know...
    I'm interested in the Storm, but i've heard nothing but bad things about VZW. (customer service sucks, and they lock their phones down more than att and tmo, from what i've been told)

I'm most interested in the Bold/Javelin, but i would love to have 3G and wi-fi, gps, etc. all the current technology. i have been with ATT before and i was not pleased with them either.

i'm kind of screwed no matter what i do. i've had a full upgrade avail to me since sept./oct. 16 yet my carrier (tmo).....well i'm not gonna keep beating that dead horse.

if i could afford to buy phones at full price everytime, i'd just go no contract and i could bounce around as i so choose to.

i'm the consumer dangit!! that should mean something, but it doesn't anymore. (that's just me venting, sorry)

I like your rant I feel the same way, but at least you still have a BB right now. I need a new one and need to make a decision fast. Now I can't decide whether to just get a 8120 or another curve to hold me over. I like the curve, but love the form of 8120. I guess the only difference would be the qwerty. Or move to ATT, which I don't want to do cause of the pricing.

This is only if they don't announce the javelin launch tomorrow

bbkid8320 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't really want to disclose my sources to everyone. If an admin can private message me I will let them know and they can verify for me.
    Sorry for the inconcienve but I'm just looking out for the safety of others but also trying to help you out with some info.
    I think that actually may of been my first post on pinstack but my sources are legit. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've read through a lot of speculations....and anything that sounds remotely real all point to Q1 of 2009 release. Only BGR says may be Black Friday.

I guess I'm just going to have to decide to stay with T-mobile or get a new BB in the interim.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    I'm interested in the Storm, but i've heard nothing but bad things about VZW. (customer service sucks, and they lock their phones down more than att and tmo, from what i've been told)
    I'm most interested in the Bold/Javelin, but i would love to have 3G and wi-fi, gps, etc. all the current technology.
    i'm the consumer dangit!! that should mean something, but it doesn't anymore. (that's just me venting, sorry)
    I have nothing bad to say about any carrier, however having done business with them all, setting aside their coverage for a moment, I must say that at the end of the day, they are all quite similar. So I return to my same position, which is to suggest to those who ask, find the carrier with the best service in your area. Or if you are switching to a carrier for a certain phone, be sure you will have coverage. That said, remember that the sales person is always going to assure you and show you "the coverage map" which is quite meaningless really. It's only a guide and designed to help them attract new customers. So ask other users, or try their phone to see for yourself. All of them have trial periods just for that reason.

As far as the needs you have listed, my take on it, is that the upcoming Curve 89xx w/3G, GPS, WiFi and all, will be a great model. The only drawback is the reserve of patience we must have to wait for it's release. First comes the Curve 8900 w/ EDGE, then the 89xx with w/ 3G. Personally that's the phone I'm waiting for.

Finally as to your comment and I quote " i'm the consumer dangit!! that should mean something" I could not agree more. Unfortunately due to the vast size of the cellular industry, and demand for their products, "the customer" often feels like they don't matter, based on the way they are treated. A reflection of nothing more than the misplaced focus of the companies that are getting rich simply because their product is in high demand, not because we like doing business with them.

Cheers...

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm still not sure I understand the point of the 8900 over the current Curve 8310. Basically, more memory and a better camera and a nicer screen and WIFI. Everything else looks the same. Out of those features, the WIFI is the only real productivity upgrade...

The new 89xx w/ 3G AND WIFI will be an upgrade. Otherwise, what's the point?
    Last edited by mjwood0; 11-07-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I'm still not sure I understand the point of the 8900 over the current Curve 8310. Basically, more memory and a better camera and a nicer screen and WIFI. Everything else looks the same. Out of those features, the WIFI is the only real productivity upgrade...The new 89xx w/ 3G AND WIFI will be an upgrade. Otherwise, what's the point?
    Yes, I agree at first glance the 8900 does not appear to be much of an upgrade over the 83xx. However upon further scrutiny, you will notice it has a much faster processor. Which as I'm sure you know will make quite a difference in the speed department when it comes to opening and working in apps, especially for those of us that use Outlook with a large database (mine is 3,500), or people that enjoy games, or other resource intensive apps. Then like you so correctly pointed out, the display is simply stunning. Making it easier on the eyes as well as more enjoyable to look at. Then there is the similar looking, but improved keyboard mechanism which assures an even faster typing experience. So indeed there is quite a bit of difference. Especially for users such as myself that put in so much time on a BB, with a lot of keyboard usage for emails, and the like. Personally the most important aspect of any smartphone for me is the interface that I use, if the keyboard, display, speed and ergonomics are improved, I'm a buyer.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    And that's fair.

For me, it's a want vs. need situation.

My whole point is that until I know that the keyboard is "better" (obviously subjective), the verdicts is still out for me. I find my Curve to have an almost perfect keyboard. Any changes run the risk of making that keyboard less than perfect. So I'm really more hesitant about it than excited. Why change something that works so well? While I might want a better keyboard, it needs to be better -- and different might not be better.

With regards to speed, I really don't feel that the speed of my Curve is what's slowing me down. I have a database of close to 1000 contacts at any given time. I really don't notice a slowdown when typing in a name as an e-mail contact or in the phone application. If I did, then I'd be in full agreement that the faster processor was in the need category and not the want category.

For me, if I wanted games or a camera, I'd buy a game console or go get my photography bag. (I'm a part time photographer and therefore, have thousands of dollars worth of camera gear). These are nice, but fall under the not even want category for me. For many, they are a want but I'm really not thinking that in this era, the camera is a need. Most people use them occasionally.

The screen is an arguable improvement. I'd love a better screen. But personally, I find the resolution very good for text and that's where 90% of my use is. Give me a larger screen (without making the device larger) and I'd be all about it. The above is impossible in the Curve form factor and therefore, while I may like a better screen, I'm not 100% convinced I need it.

Now... WIFI and 3G. I admit the wifi is nice. But if I'm at a wifi point, I'll have my MacBook which gives a way better browsing experience. However, I'd really love 3G and I hear the AT&T network is going live in my area soon. This I feel would boost my productivity as the one area I find myself waiting is for pages to load.

But above all, I think the one thing that I'd really like to see in future BBs is a better browser. The real hinderence for me is that I do have to carry my MacBook with me everywhere since there are numerous pages that simply don't work correctly on a BB browser. But that's for another post I suppose!

My upcoming decision lies with whether I should go for a 3G version of the Curve 89XX, or wait for the Storm to come to AT&T. Personally, I think the Storm might be the perfect device for me as long as the touchscreen keyboard works well...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    For me, it's a want vs. need situation.
    * Until I know that the keyboard is "better"
    * With regards to speed, I really don't feel that the speed of my Curve is what's slowing me down.
    * The screen is an arguable improvement.
    * WIFI and 3G. if I'm at a wifi point, I'll have my MacBook which gives a way better browsing experience.
    * I'd really love 3G and I hear the AT&T network is going live in my area soon.
    * But above all, I think the one thing that I'd really like to see in future BBs is a better browser.
    Kudos for your Excellent Post!

I truly enjoyed all of the valid, well thought out points you've made. Want vs. Need is indeed summing it up quite nicely.
    * Keyboard, I concur.
    * Speed, I'm sitting on the fence as I must say it's attractive.
    * Screen, I concur.
    * WiFi & 3G, 100% of my net time is on WiFi. And yet like you, I always have one of my laptops with me. Always. And I frequent Starbucks a lot, to meet clients as well as to perform after meeting reports etc. So while I don't "need" it on my BB, it would be a very nice extra if you will, for those times when I just want to pop in, grab a beverage and check a few things on the web, without having to carry in my laptop bag. (am I getting lazy? )
    * Better Brower, I concur hands down.

Cheers...

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast