Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122 LastLast

Originally Posted by RoGro I've had my brand new 8310 for two weeks now and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I've had my brand new 8310 for two weeks now and it has been exactly like you described above, Archer......I've simply used and enjoyed it right out of the box! Nary an issue. That's as it should be.....
    Precisely!

I'm going to take this to the next level and predict that a year from now when we look back across the landscape of past BlackBerry models I will _STILL _ admire the 8310 as one of the greats.

In fact as I mentioned a short while ago, that's why I too just bought another new 8310. I simply wanted to get one of the last of the greats before they were gone. There is no other BlackBerry currently available, that I would endorse as highly as the 8310 Curve.

There is a lot to be said for simplicity, (not that the 8310 is a simple BB) but in comparison to the explosion of new additional features that version 4.6.0.xxx brings, it is. While the new OS has lots of advantages, it also contains a lot more code than 4.2.2.xxx. Thus my experience in real world usage on a day to day basis is (for me) no faster than my 8310. Here's my proof.

I have one ThinkPad laptop setup to sync Outlook with my 8310, running 4.2.2.173.

I have a second (identically configured) ThinkPad setup to use with my Bold & Outlook, running 4.6.0.210.

When I put them side by side & begin the sync at the same time, that sync operation with 3,458 contacts in Outlook takes a full 2 minutes longer on the Bold than the 8310! I find that pretty interesting. Now, that said I'm not suggesting that the Bold is inferior as it's certainly not. It's simply different. So at the end of the day, speaking for myself, I still love my trusty - FAST - 8310. Which once again proves to me that newer is not always better or more fun. Very interesting indeed!

Cheers....

sent via BlackBerry Bold #6
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    ATT site still doesn't have the 8900 on it... wonder if stores around here have it?
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Still too early for me to check the store as its just 6:19:05 AM

~via BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    3 hours 20 mins to go!

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Dont think its happening today.

PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Can anybody on the east coast report what's going on?

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    Can anybody on the east coast report what's going on?

nothing from what i can see, i think we have been bamboozled!!!
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefairy1971 View Post
    nothing from what i can see, i think we have been bamboozled!!!
    That's gonna suck!

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey people let's not get upset until the week is over llol.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Honestly, I don't think this is being released until at least January/February and I don't think its going to At&t first. Again, this is just my opinion from information I am receiving....

But you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    Dont think its happening today.
    I wouldn't be so quick to give up.... hint...hint...

(think soft launch, no fanfare, just appears)

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to give up.... hint...hint...

(think soft launch, no fanfare, just appears)
    Archer, your stringing my heart along..along.along...please don tell me that At&T will get the Javelin at least in January!!!! I am eligible for an upgrade now and was about to get the bold but am trying so very very hard to wait.
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Archer, your stringing my heart along..along.along...please don tell me that At&T will get the Javelin at least in January!!!! I am eligible for an upgrade now and was about to get the bold but am trying so very very hard to wait.
    I picked up an unlocked Bold using on Tmo till the Javelin comes out. I am also eligible for an upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
    I picked up an unlocked Bold using on Tmo till the Javelin comes out. I am also eligible for an upgrade...
    Here's my thoughts to share with you both. While I usually have a massive reserve of patience for most things, I too find it really hard to wait for a new BB that I'm waiting to buy. That said, you've probably read of the trials and tribulations I have been through because I was an early adopter of the Bold. Thus a fresh reminder to me, that waiting pays off very nicely. And long after the wait is over, one must live with the phone. Therefore I highly encourage everyone to wait as long as they possible can, even after the phone is first released. I have spent nearly two months now, and a tremendous amount of money on not one, or two, but SIX Bolds to get one that is built properly and will live up to the standard that RIM builds it's phones too. And believe me I'm not looking for perfection, or picking apart the phones I have no time for that.

I only return phones that are truly defective, and ones that my carrier confirms as such. Therefore I've learned that over the last several months RIM has shifted it's priorities from delivering phones that are ready to go right out of the box. To phones they simply push out, knowing that they are less than complete. I find this alarming, and unacceptable. But it is what it is. Never before have I witnessed this rapid fire OS release madness, with updates being released at the rate of more than one per week. And still they have not declared just one as the final, stable OS. Therefore more than ever, it's buyer beware.

Thus I'm taking a new wait and see position as hard as that is to do. I'm also suggesting that to anyone that I care about, and that is all of you Stackers. To those of you that got trouble free new BB's consider yourself lucky. I'm not suggesting that they are all bad, but I am suggesting that the standard has been lowered. That goes without question. It's perfectly normal for a new model to have some bugs and unresolved issues. But never before in the history of RIM have they released all these OS updates like it was a fire they are trying to put out. This is obvious to anyone who stops and thinks about it.

So proceed with caution, be as patient as you can, because the later you buy AFTER the phone is released, the better chance you have of not having to return it, thereby having to start all over again.

Cheers.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    To those of you that got trouble free new BB's consider yourself lucky.
    Im thanking my lucky stars that every BB I have ever owned was trouble free out of the box.