Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by mjwood0 Interesting you should mention the keyboard. That's the one part of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Interesting you should mention the keyboard. That's the one part of the Bold that feels cheap to me -- mushy and with no clear tactile click when the key is pressed. I know I hit a key on my Curve. While it may make an audible clicking noise, I'd rather that then the mushy Bold keyboards I've played with.

Then again, it could be that the ones I've used (not display models) just didn't have good keyboards... It's really somewhat hard to tell.
    For me, the keyboard is the single most important component of any smartphone. The display being the second most important. Much like it's nearly impossible to evaluate a new car from a test drive, I find the same phenomenon holds true when it comes to keyboards. When trying out a keyboard on a new BlackBerry we are often too distracted by the rest of the device, the salesperson, friend, or our surroundings that we are prevented from identifying what it's truly like. For myself I must actually live with it, be open minded, and give it a fair trial over a few days. This is exactly what changed my opinion of the keyboard on the Bold. My first impression in the store was that it was mushy with a distinct lack of tactile feedback. An impression that was influenced from using an 8310, which requires a bit more effort to fully depress each key.

Once I bought my first Bold & began using it as my day to day BlackBerry my impression of the keyboard changed completely. Suddenly I found the extra size and the tactile feedback to be very enjoyable. It became apparent that unlike my 8820 which is of the same general size & type, RIM had improved this style of keyboard dramatically on the Bold. As a result it further motivated me to stick with the Bold through all of the problems I had with the defective ones I had. So, to those of you who love the Curves keyboard as much I still do, rest assured that the keyboard on the Bold is excellent. Whether it meets your personal needs, only you can be the judge of that.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Moment of truth in two days kids...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    keyboard on Bold is much much better than Curve's, even better than 87XX's too.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Moment of truth in two days kids...
    No worries Snipes. You will LOVE the 8900. I almost guarantee it. Honestly though, I think it will be quite difficult for you not to be pleased with the phone. I patiently await your review when you get it. I'm ready to say: "I told you so".

I predict the 8900 to be the best of the newly released models, Bold, Storm, and Pearl Flip. This latest version of the beloved Curve will set sales records unlike any previous BlackBerry...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    +1 for archer's prediction.
    Remember that picture of 20 8900s i posted ? Well guess what ? They were ALL gone the day AFTER that picture was taken.
    Incredible im telling you

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ditto. I wasnt excited really about the bold or the storm, but this second generation curve is a different story

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    one more day

31 hrs till my AT&T puts them out...heh!

sent via BlackBerry Bold #6
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Ok so has anybody figured out who's releasing it first in the US?

From Archer's prediction, it looks like AT&T, but I hope not because I have T-Mobile.

C'mon T-Mobile...

It's my understanding based on KaraBears (very credible) reports, that soon AT&T will release it, then very shortly thereafter (weeks) T-Mobile will have it. That could actually be to your advantage. If there are any issues once released, RIM will have them resolved by the time it ships to T-Mobile. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Just hang on & wait. Believe me I know it's easier said than done....

~(wap.pinstack.com)~

evo8coop no está en línea Stack level 3
    the curves are coming out tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by evo8coop View Post
    the curves are coming out tomorrow?
    It's my understanding they are. But as always all we can do is watch & wait.

~(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    According to Kara and Archer
    But nothing official just predictions you never know what can happen between now and tomorrow.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I wonder if Best Buy will have a deal for the 8900 similar to what they have with the Bold and the Storm...
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 12-21-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)