Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Here's my take for those of you who have the patience to wait. I truly ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Here's my take for those of you who have the patience to wait.

I truly believe one ultimate BlackBerry will be the second generation Curve 89xx which IS confirmed to follow in a few months. It will be equipped with 3G, and I believe that by then, it will also include a very well refined OS.

In turn I also feel quite confident that it's 3G performance will be far superior to what we are seeing in the present Bold. At that point it will be the perfect time to buy.

Personally I hope that between now and then, that RIM will offer a much improved OS for the current Bold to improve it's 3G performance. I love my new Bold, but find it's 3G performance rather slow.
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What I truly like (and I must eat my words here) is the keyboard. I never ever thought that this style keyboard would work for me. Especially since it looks identical to the keyboard on my 8820. However this is a keyboard unlike any other. Period. And everyone knows how much of a keyboard fanatic I am. I have found this keyboard to be one that is so comfortable, fast, and with such high quality tactile feedback that I could not return to the Curve style. And I'm not being critical of it at all, as I still think the Curve is quite nice.

But the Bold (for me) is just stellar. I absolutely love everything about it. My Bold is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best BlackBerry I've ever used. I could not be happier.

Cheers
    archer
    Hmmm.. Sounds like you have discovered what most of us have known since the release of the Bold.

I just can't understand how AT&T can screw up a launch on a device that they delayed for months.

I consider the keyboard to be one of the best features of the Bold. To go back to the Curve keyboard is like going back to a manual typewritter.

I have mentioned previously, after using the keyboard, the Curve just doesn't feel right, especially the keyboard. You have heard comments that it feels cheap and plastic. The plastic refers to the unit, especially the battery cover. But the cheap part refers to the keyboard.

With the release of the 8900, it is hard to tell how good the keyboard is. I have only played with the dummy units at the stores. But the keyboard does feel solid, but the response is not as good as the Bold.

The one feature of the 8900 I would like is the trackball.

My new Bold is very nice indeed.

However I do not agree that when I go back to using my 8310 that it feels cheap. It's just different which is perfectly normal. They are two different sizes & types. I have observed what some have, which is a slight lateral movement of the keyboard assembly within the housing of the 83xx, however I do not find that objectionable. It's so slight that if one does not obsess, it is unnoticed.

I went back & fourth between the Bold & 8310 five times while weeding through five defective Bolds. Each time I enjoyed the Curve as much as ever. Even the sales numbers reflect the 83xx series to be the best selling BlackBerry to date.

I am now on BlackBerry Bold #6 and I finally got a great one that lives up to the high standards that all BlackBerrys are built to.

sent via BlackBerry Bold

~(wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have a sinking suspicion that the release of the 8900 will be delayed for ATT since it took them so long to finally get the 8320 out.

From all accounts, they have a bunch of 8320s in the warehouse and therefore, will want to sell few a good chunk of them before the release of the 8900. If given the choice between the 8320 and 8900, even with the 8900 being $50 - $100 more, I think the 8900 is the clear choice. Better screen, faster processor, more memory, WIFI and GPS, the list goes on.

Sadly, I'm guessing we'll see ATT wait to at least get rid of some of their stock of 8320s before we see the 8900 hit the streets. Frankly, I don't think ATT should have ever released the 8320. I'm guessing they were going to do it a few weeks after the bold -- but since that release kept getting pushed back, it's in turn rippling through the other releases. They should have gone directly to the 8900...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    According to an AT&T rep, the 8320 was released only to business partners, while the 8900 will be released to the general public. That will also greatly limit the sales of 8320's and could further delay the release of the 8900.

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Well apparently the Javelin is to be released here in the UK on 20 December. I only hope Vodafone will have it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    For those concerned about the 8900 on AT&T, I'm sure you'll be happy to see that the 8320 is showing out-of-stock on both the business and consumer website. This could have been AT&T simply getting rid of stock that it purchased months ago. As of now it's not affecting the release of the 8900. Only time will tell if that holds true.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    According to an AT&T rep, the 8320 was released only to business partners, while the 8900 will be released to the general public. That will also greatly limit the sales of 8320's and could further delay the release of the 8900.
    It's moves like this by ATT that I really wonder about them sometimes. Why exactly would they market the 8320 only to business partners? All businesses I know prefer the 8820 or the Bold.

Plus, rumors have it that ATT likes their smartphones to have WIFI access to take some of the load off their network. Therefore, it would seem to make more sense to market it to the general public.

Oh well... patience is a virtue I suppose...
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I sure know what I want for Christmas, but the 22nd is sure cutting it close to make it known!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Rogers got the 8320 as an open-to-public device only to release the 8900 a month later as an open-to-public device as well.
    They are set at two different price points and some people dont want to spend 179.00 on a Javelin when they can get a 8320 for 49.99 - they much rather would wait and get the Javelin when the price comes down.
    Its a really smart move and targets all of the consumer population - that is the ones attracted to a BB.
    Rogers has the best BB lineup i have ever seen as far as pricing (all of them on contract obviously) :

Pearl 81xx : (including the new sandstone color) : Free or 19.99 depending on in store promotions.
    Pearl Flip : 19.99
    Curve 8310/8320 : 49.99
    Curve 8900 : 179.99
    Bold 9000 : 199.99

Prices subject to change.

And they are selling like hotcakes.
    Att or Tmo should have definitely released it now.
    People are jumping ships, switching carriers, buying unlocked phones for a ridiculous price all because the Xmas period is among us.
    A January release will only hit the BB Fanatics that KNOW the device is coming.
    Again, my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    It's moves like this by ATT that I really wonder about them sometimes. Why exactly would they market the 8320 only to business partners? All businesses I know prefer the 8820 or the Bold.
    I agree completely. The "New at&t" is indeed making some very interesting (to be PC about it) moves.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Plus, rumors have it that ATT likes their smartphones to have WIFI access to take some of the load off their network. Therefore, it would seem to make more sense to market it to the general public.
    This is another of those "decisions", as just a year ago, they were having nothing to do with WiFi other than a few odd devices that for some reason they did _not_ disable the WiFi on.

Their recent acceptance of Wi-Fi brings them in line with T-Mobile that has been a huge supporter of Wi-Fi even before their widely promoted "T-Mobile @ Home" system roll out.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    For those concerned about the 8900 on AT&T, I'm sure you'll be happy to see that the 8320 is showing out-of-stock on both the business and consumer website. This could have been AT&T simply getting rid of stock that it purchased months ago. As of now it's not affecting the release of the 8900. Only time will tell if that holds true.
    its not out of stock for me when i try to upgrade to it

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Tactile Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    However I do not agree that when I go back to using my 8310 that it feels cheap. It's just different which is perfectly normal. They are two different sizes & types. I have observed what some have, which is a slight lateral movement of the keyboard assembly within the housing of the 83xx, however I do not find that objectionable. It's so slight that if one does not obsess, it is unnoticed.
    What gets me the most is the tactile feedback on the Bold is far superior to what I get from the Curve. The feedback from the keypad on the Curve is what really feels cheap to me.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    What gets me the most is the tactile feedback on the Bold is far superior to what I get from the Curve. The feedback from the keypad on the Curve is what really feels cheap to me.
    Interesting you should mention the keyboard. That's the one part of the Bold that feels cheap to me -- mushy and with no clear tactile click when the key is pressed. I know I hit a key on my Curve. While it may make an audible clicking noise, I'd rather that then the mushy Bold keyboards I've played with.

Then again, it could be that the ones I've used (not display models) just didn't have good keyboards... It's really somewhat hard to tell.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I vote for cheap keys on curve, better on bold.