Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

hmmmm.....I just bought a Roger's Bold to hold me over till the Curve2 is out. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tkao2025 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

hmmmm.....I just bought a Roger's Bold to hold me over till the Curve2 is out. I'm going to be running on Edge only as I'm on T-mobile. My main concern is how you mention the battery life.

Anyways, I'll have to see the Curve2 in the flesh as from pictures I prefer the look of the Bold better.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nokia browser's blow the Bold away, plus the fact that they display flash is a big bonus!
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188 View Post
    Well I've been using 3G for about 2 years and I have yet to really see a difference between 3G broswers unless its a windows device, those seem to run a tad slower and less responsive if you ask me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well even if you have been using 3G for that long on at&t I know form experience that service is spotty, and they recently upgraded to only (3.5G)HSDPA 3.6 mbps, whereas here we have been on (3.75G)HSDPA 7.2mbps for a while now, so I can definitely notice a difference.

Nokia browser's on HSDPA blow the Bold away, plus the fact that they display flash is a big plus!

I forgot to mention that also since the Bold is incapable of other simple 3G features that even a $100 phone can provide such as video calling and mobile tv, having a mediocre 3G browser doesn't seem worth lugging around such a big device such as a bold anymore.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 12-01-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    hmmmm.....I just bought a Roger's Bold to hold me over till the Curve2 is out. I'm going to be running on Edge only as I'm on T-mobile. My main concern is how you mention the battery life.

Anyways, I'll have to see the Curve2 in the flesh as from pictures I prefer the look of the Bold better.

I agree with you about the bold looking better, but since I have to carry at least 2 phones the size makes a huge difference for me.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I've actually been curious about the Nokia smartphones. But I'm still not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on one to try it. They seem very expensive since they are not offered as subsidized phones through ATT and I'm still not sure if I could live without the BB Push email.

Regardless, the Curve 8900 looks like a phenomenal device and I really do see a 3g version being released at some point in the future. When that happens, I think I will finally be happy!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I've actually been curious about the Nokia smartphones. But I'm still not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on one to try it. They seem very expensive since they are not offered as subsidized phones through ATT and I'm still not sure if I could live without the BB Push email.

Regardless, the Curve 8900 looks like a phenomenal device and I really do see a 3g version being released at some point in the future. When that happens, I think I will finally be happy!
    you are totally right.... unfortunately for now we cant live without BB's pushmail. But with everything else Nokia does still blow away every other manufacturer.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So I have been focused on the Bold for a while and have not payed much attention to the 8900. Taking into consideration the high price of the Bold, its large size, and the overall specs comparison to the 8900, I think I might actually prefer the new Curve. I feel like the 512mhz(I think) processor and lack of 3g will be fine with me and a worthwhile sacrifice for the pluses of the 8900.

It really looks like a great device, and am hopeful it will be released on AT&T before Christmas. I'm not too up on the 8900 rumors though like I was for the Bold. What is the latest on release info for AT&T? How about pricing? I was thinking $99 to $199 seems about right. Taking into account the Rogers pricing, however, it might actually be at the middle or lower end of that range... Hopefully

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    One thing I am really hoping for the javelin is...fixing the dust under the screen problem that the Curve (8300 series) had.
    8900-user
    DocGo

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post

A couple of thoughts to share.

1) I'm an avid fan of "some" Nokia models and have been using them for years. The Symbian OS certainly has it's advantages and is vastly superior to windows mobile. And yet it's no where close to the effective and stable BlackBerry platform. I love choices and diversity, thus I have a lot, an awful lot of smartphones. And yet, there is nothing that comes close to the BlackBerry for up to the minute email, sms and voice communications. And at the end of the day it's these functions, along with the ability to interface well with Outlook that are my core requirements. As one to embrace change and always seeking a "better way" I'm here to say that so far after spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, and countless hours, it still boils down to BB.

2) With a wide variety of "comparison phones" I'm rather disappointed in the modest performance (sometimes _slow_) of the 3G BlackBerry experience. Far from optimized, they have a ways to go. My unbranded, Unlocked 3G phones from every other manufacturer are faster than the Bold on 3G. This is not to say that RIM will not get with the program and fine tune OS 4.6 to run faster on 3G, but as of yet, it's not there.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    nokia n95 but too expensive though. And that sony xperia that just came out looks like a great device. But gotta love the bb.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    nokia n95 but too expensive though. And that sony xperia that just came out looks like a great device. But gotta love the bb.
    I have several N series Nokia's, including the N95. While it's a nice phone, and setting price aside, it simply does not live up to it's specs. Symbian is rather slow on this model, more than some other N models. Also the camera is very poor. There are a host of other smaller issues, therefore I cannot endorse this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I have several N series Nokia's, including the N95. While it's a nice phone, and setting price aside, it simply does not live up to it's specs. Symbian is rather slow on this model, more than some other N models. Also the camera is very poor. There are a host of other smaller issues, therefore I cannot endorse this phone.
    I can understand your stance on the N95 being slow (I've had the N95/N95 8GB/N82), but poor camera? For a phone I think it's pretty damn good. However, the best cam phone I've owned was the N82.

Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    I can understand your stance on the N95 being slow (I've had the N95/N95 8GB/N82), but poor camera? For a phone I think it's pretty damn good. However, the best cam phone I've owned was the N82.
    And you are 100% correct. My N82 has a much better camera than that of the N95. As an avid photographer that keeps his expectations quite low for camera phones, as highly touted as this model is, the camera is a disappointment relative to other camera phones.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The more I look at the E71 (and other Nokia devices for that matter), the more I realize that they simply don't offer the same level of connectedness that I need.

However, I'd love to see the following device:
    - Nokia E71 form factor
    - Nokia N82 camera
    - BB Curve Keyboard
    - iPhone Browser and media capabilities
    - BB Operating System / stability
    - All metal construction similar to the E71
    - BB Bold Radio Configuration

Dare to dream though...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

My feeling is if you need a business phone that connects and syncs to everything correctly and effortlessly, a BB's your phone. However, if you really need an all in one device, jack of trades master of none, than Nokia and N-series phones do very well. I really like the N97 that's just announced with the sliding keyboard.