Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK, ended up installing a new OS and the problem continued. I then decided to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8

Advertisement

OK, ended up installing a new OS and the problem continued. I then decided to do a factory reset in BBSAK and now I have 'reload software 507'. Grrrr! No idea why I would get a 507 after a factory reset?
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    507 error gone and now back to original problem. This must be a hardware issue- time to get yet another replacement.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com

PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Left phone overnight and now it works. AAARGH!
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Wow, maybe your phone was haunted? lol

Hopefully the problem is gone for good. If not, was your previous BB having the same problem or something (hinted by "yet another replacement")? Maybe its something caused by what you do on a regular basis.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Definitely freaky and not worth fighting with, hope you have better luck with the next one!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    The previous issues were different. Have got the text below to post on my site tomorrow. I love BlackBerry, but one more hardware issue and I move on... Thanks for the help guys. Can always rely on Pinstack for sensible helpful people

My Curve 8900 died on Sunday and after many attempts to bring it back to life I have to accept that it has a serious hardware issue. I have re-installed the OS and tried everything I know, but still it accepts no commands to run apps.

This follows a BlackBerry Storm hardware failure in which that refused to turn on at all.

That followed my previous Curve 8900 having a trackball failure which also had to be replaced.

My Curve 8310 also had a trackball failure and had to be repaired.

I love the BlackBerry OS and the hardware design, but my faith is being tested at the moment. The only good news is that it is easy to find potential solutions to most BlackBerry problems because so many people seem to suffer similar issues and the route back to RIM is not easy.

Non-business consumers will almost always have to go back to their network operator as a first step and this can be tiresome. I expect my Curve to be away for a while and am missing it already. The next one that breaks will be my last.

UPDATE: After a night left alone it now works again. Confused...
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I totally understand the frustration. I had to replace an 8120 due to the trackball and the replacement got so sluggish that I changed to a different phone I had laying around. This was the final straw for me after 12 previous blackberry devices. I'm waiting paitently for my upgrade so I can go back to Windows Mobile.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

I am one of the lucky ones who has not had to swap out a BlackBerry. I still have my original 8130 and 8330 units. My son is using my 8130 now. On both devices I have swapped trackballs but on those early models it is an easy thing to do compared to the Bold and newer trackball models. Pop the ring off and have a new trackball installed in seconds without the need to take the device apart. And I have bought extended batteries for both devices....but other than that any issues have been software related and fixed from what I learned here on PinStack!

But you're right, the average user will not search out fixes on sites like this, they will go to the carrier for replacements until they get mad and switch to another platform. It happens way too often, that's why I'm seriously considering an Android device next....not that I think it will be perfect....but I will find it easier to accept issues from a new platform rather than see the same issues rear their ugly head in BlackBerry after BlackBerry. I do think RIM is smart to move to the trackpad, but it's new, issues may come with that in time as well.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    There is one issue with the new trackpad- like the old Samsung i780 it does not work in direct sunlight very well. Otherwise it is a huge improvement.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com

Really, I don't know much about the trackpad or how it works....anyone know why direct sunlight would effect it?
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Not sure why, but it happened on my old i780 and also when on holiday in Tenerife with an 8520. I guess it is optical so sunlight could have a problematic effect.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com

Well that would be a problem for me here, it's almost always sunny here in Arizona, we go months without a cloudy/rainy day...of course much of that it's so hot I'm barely outside anyway...so maybe it wouldn't matter lol!
    Twitter? My Apps List

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Well that would be a problem for me here, it's almost always sunny here in Arizona, we go months without a cloudy/rainy day...of course much of that it's so hot I'm barely outside anyway...so maybe it wouldn't matter lol!
    I NEED TO MOVE TO ARIZONA!!!!! OHIO WEATHER SUCKS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12