Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by ranxoren I dont know what it is but again i promise you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I dont know what it is but again i promise you all, if you dont NEED to be calling and emailing at the same time, 3G is not what the big thing everybody expected.
    Dont get me wrong, you get that and you get better voice clarity over the 3G network. But for now i will gladly pass
    i kno this will rarely happen but heres what i did the other day

my brothers gf has a laptop with bluetooth. no internet at home but happens to live in a 3G area.

the other day i went over and i was like "WOW you live in a 3G area!!" to which they of course replied, "HUH?!"

i keep DM and 4.6.0.210 on my microSD so i set it up on her laptop, proceeded to set up BT DUN and tethered over bluetooth.

i ALSO happened to have a copy of my katt williams DVD on my microsd, so we connected to his xbox360 via USB, and started watching that, all the while shes surfing over 3G via bluetooth. My girlfriend calls in from new york and im able to answer it. i had to stand by the xbox so the usb cable wouldnt disconnect but i was like wtf? multitasker to the max. the blackberry did get hot though...

again that was a rare thing but, more often im tethering over USB, and can take my GF's calls on my bluetooth headset. thats VERY useful

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I guess so ... lets do a test right now.
    Ill brb.

Here are the results :

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS BLUETOOTH TETHERING SO IF YOU WANT TO COMPARE TETHERING ON THE BOLD TETHER YOU BOLD VIA BLUETOOTH

Then again, i never said tethering was faster on EDGE, i always said the Bold kills EDGE devices when it comes down to tethering.
    I was just making a point that on EDGE for ON DEVICE browsing, it works better/faster than on 3G.

Cheers
    as a matter of fact, that was supposedly one of rims reasons for not rushing to build a 3G blackberry.

supposedly, email performance was actually hindered by 3G. People were quick to accuse RIM of making dumb excuses. Truth be told, for pulling up quick wap pages, or heck even regular html pages and emails and the type of stuff you do on mobiles, EDGE is fine.

Using operamini, try to download a 5 megabyte file on both the Bold and Javelin, i bet the bold will kill it.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    So in reality, 3G is only so much faster on AT&T's regular network alone, and not so much the Blackberry network. Makes sense.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123