View Poll Results: Which BlackBerry Is For You ?

Voters
88. Register free to vote on this poll
  • The Curve 83xx is for me

9 10.23%
  • The Curve 8900 is for me

54 61.36%
  • The Pearl 8220 is for me

1 1.14%
  • The Bold 9000 is for me

14 15.91%
  • The Storm 95xx if for me

9 10.23%
  • My BlackBerry model:________ is for me

1 1.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by DaX05 I agree with Archer. The 8900 is for me!! Apparantly an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DaX05 View Post
    I agree with Archer. The 8900 is for me!! Apparantly an overwheling percentage chose the 8900 also. I've stated before in these forums that I personally believe the Curve 8900 will outsell the Bold. Its just so sexy! There's not much difference in the specs. The Bold is an awesome device, but it comes down to size! I'm a Curve kind of guy. Not the 8800 type in which the Bold resembles. In the end, there's no wrong choice as all BlackBerrys are top of the line.
    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I believe the 8900 will outsell the 9000 as well. Not for looks but because it will have a cheaper no commitment price or new/upgrade price. Plus the 8900 is for the mainstream everyday BB user where as the Bold has that "executive" hype about it, which I don't buy.

The reason why RIM is coming out with the Pearl Flip, Bold, Storm, and Curve 8900 all at the same time, is because each phone has something different and will attract certain people to each of the 4 devices.

my opinion of course

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    All I know is I'm so happy that the 8900 keyboard is not like the 9000 keyboard.
    Main reason why I didnt go with a 9000.

dcandrews no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any evidence the 8900 will go up in model number to 8910, 8920, etc.,as the 8300 series has done? Different versions with different features? How about optimization? Will there be a way to "soup it up" by removing unwanted .cod files and programs? Thanks!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Just looking at the 8900 turns me on..... I really don't know what's the fuss with the bold i got to play about with quite a few and IMHO (forgive me) the bold well........sucks. I've been using suretype all this time but i've got a 8320 on the way and it's not a huge adjustment to a full keyboard. If you held a gun to my head and ordered me to type on a bold....I'd get i frigging head blown off and that's not the only issue either.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by dcandrews View Post
    Any evidence the 8900 will go up in model number to 8910, 8920, etc.,as the 8300 series has done? Different versions with different features? How about optimization?
    Yes, 89xx is already planned to replace the 8900. The 89xx will have 3G as one of the "new" features on that model. Optimization? Hey, it's a BlackBerry and you what that means... there's lots you can do, it's the best smartphone platform out today....

Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    Just looking at the 8900 turns me on.

the bold well........sucks.

If you held a gun to my head and ordered me to type on a bold....

I'd get i frigging head blown off
    Wow!

Now that's what I call one passionate BlackBerry user...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    That is not a passonate BlackBery User.

He just likes the 8xxx series, the other comment in my opinion, well. I will keep my comment to myself

It is amazing how far behind the US is compared to the rest of the world in terms of 3G deployment.

I don't use the web a lot on the Bold, but when I do use it, I like it to be fast. If I need to tether, I want fast speeds.

The ability to talk and send data is a big plus for me, I am always talking to customers and if I need to email them a file. I can now do it while I am on the phone and they receive it and we continue to discuss it.

That is why 3G is a necessity for me.

If the Javelin releases a 3G version, I will consider it. I do like the form factor better than the Bold, but I have gotten use to the size of the Bold and I really don't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    It was just a joke... not being critical.

There was not a critical word there, just a little humor.

Hey! that's the fun of BB's we have choices of devices. Something for everyone.

Just as I AM certainly a passionate BB addict...

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post

He just likes the 8xxx series, the other comment in my opinion, well. I will keep my comment to myself

It is amazing how far behind the US is compared to the rest of the world in terms of 3G deployment.

I don't use the web a lot on the Bold, but when I do use it, I like it to be fast. If I need to tether, I want fast speeds.

The ability to talk and send data is a big plus for me, I am always talking to customers and if I need to email them a file. I can now do it while I am on the phone and they receive it and we continue to discuss it.

That is why 3G is a necessity for me.

If the Javelin releases a 3G version, I will consider it. I do like the form factor better than the Bold, but I have gotten use to the size of the Bold and I really don't have a problem with it.
    Tell me you weren't at offended that. I said IN MY OPINION the Bold sucks. As Archer said we all have choices as BB users.... I take heat for my 'girly' pearl all the time from my other crackberry addicted friends and although i consider myself passionate about blackberry phones *grabs micro-fiber cloth and wipes pearl* i would never get offended at something like that. If you have a different opinion as a proud Bold owner share it.

Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    Tell me you weren't at offended that. I said IN MY OPINION the Bold sucks. As Archer said we all have choices as BB users.... I take heat for my 'girly' pearl all the time from my other crackberry addicted friends and although i consider myself passionate about blackberry phones *grabs micro-fiber cloth and wipes pearl* i would never get offended at something like that. If you have a different opinion as a proud Bold owner share it.
    Well Said bajanbastard,

I really enjoyed your outspoken post, it was so funny and typical of us BB addicts, you said what so many others only think but don't have the courage to say...it's what I really like about the Stacks - we can have a good time here with some lively exchanges. Yours was priceless...

Keep up the great work!

Cheers

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    archer6 how you gonna do this to me? where the opition on the poll for "all the above". i cant make a choice...

Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch007 View Post
    archer6 how you gonna do this to me? where the opition on the poll for "all the above". i cant make a choice...
    ha...ha.... I thought about that one too late, after I posted the poll, it would have been fun to see how may would check all of the above...

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Had to go with the Storm on this one. While it might be nice to have a Bold or Curve 8900 being on Verizon I won't have a chance at either of those for a long time if ever.

dcandrews no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Yes, 89xx is already planned to replace the 8900. The 89xx will have 3G as one of the "new" features on that model. Optimization? Hey, it's a BlackBerry and you what that means... there's lots you can do, it's the best smartphone platform out today....
    Thanks Archer6! There's the "tipping point" I needed to wait for the 89xx...! A Javelin with 3G - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch007 View Post
    Lol. When i first saw the poll i stared at it looking for Storm and Javlin...

Shame on you Archer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12