View Poll Results: Which BlackBerry Is For You ?

Voters
88. Register free to vote on this poll
  • The Curve 83xx is for me

9 10.23%
  • The Curve 8900 is for me

54 61.36%
  • The Pearl 8220 is for me

1 1.14%
  • The Bold 9000 is for me

14 15.91%
  • The Storm 95xx if for me

9 10.23%
  • My BlackBerry model:________ is for me

1 1.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here we are Stackers... A side by side comparison of the Curves: Curve 83xx vs ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Curve 83xx vs Curve 8900 (full specs)

Advertisement

Here we are Stackers...

A side by side comparison of the Curves:
    Curve 83xx vs the new Curve 8900

Vote in the Poll and give us your opinions.

Cheers...
    Last edited by archer6; 11-13-2008 at 12:48 AM.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Under the 8900 specs, it reads miniusb. I thought it was microusb. Not a deal breaker for me, but alot of people are mentioning the microusb as a drawback, I really dont.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lack of 3G is a deal breaker for me.

I prefer the Mini USB over the Micro USB.

The 8900 is for me. As much as I like the new Bold that I just picked up, I still like the overall size, keyboard type, and styling of the new Curve 8900. Yes, I would love to have 3G, and once I thought it was a deal breaker. However upon further consideration, I've decided that I will buy one and use it until the planned and upcoming 3G model is released as a Curve 89xx. It's my understanding that the 3G model could appear in 4 to 6 months after the 8900.

Perhaps our own KaraBear could give us an update on time line of the 3G model.

Cheers...

shepherd no está en línea Stack level 2
    To me, personally, the lack of 3g in the 8900 isn't a factor at all. The closest 3g signal I could possibly get is by driving about forty five minutes down the road to Kansas City to get AT&T 3g...and I'm not with AT&T. So really, it comes down to everything else between the 8900 and the 9000. Right now, I'm leaning heavily towards the 8900. Wifi will suit me just fine, as will the 3.2mp camera, and the slightly clearer screen. I've handled a Bold, and I do like the keyboard, but from everything I'm hearing, the keyboard on the 8900 is even better...so I'd like to get my hands on the 8900 to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    I'm leaning heavily towards the 8900. Wifi will suit me just fine, as will the 3.2mp camera, and the slightly clearer screen. I've handled a Bold, and I do like the keyboard, but from everything I'm hearing, the keyboard on the 8900 is even better...so I'd like to get my hands on the 8900 to confirm.
    The reason I prefer the keyboard style of the 8310 I have, as compared to my Bold is twofold.

1) The keys with spaces between them as on the Curve make it very easy to differentiate between each key.
    2) The Bold has those horizontal chrome dividers between the rows of keys which makes it a bit harder to press the key you want without looking.

Cheers...

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    3G is irrelavant for me, too, as I live in an area that doesn't have it and probably won't for a very, very long time. I'm on WiFi right now and am any time I'm at home. The improvements in memory, camera, and screen have me sold on it (plus my better half wants a BB so she'll inherit my Curve!!)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I agree with Archer. The 8900 is for me!! Apparantly an overwheling percentage chose the 8900 also. I've stated before in these forums that I personally believe the Curve 8900 will outsell the Bold. Its just so sexy! There's not much difference in the specs. The Bold is an awesome device, but it comes down to size! I'm a Curve kind of guy. Not the 8800 type in which the Bold resembles. In the end, there's no wrong choice as all BlackBerrys are top of the line.
    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaX05 View Post
    I agree with Archer. The 8900 is for me!! Apparantly an overwheling percentage chose the 8900 also. I've stated before in these forums that I personally believe the Curve 8900 will outsell the Bold. Its just so sexy! There's not much difference in the specs. The Bold is an awesome device, but it comes down to size! I'm a Curve kind of guy. Not the 8800 type in which the Bold resembles. In the end, there's no wrong choice as all BlackBerrys are top of the line.
    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I second that. Count me in for the 8900. Thanks Archer for the great comparison link. Luv your new Avatar

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I like the bold because of 3G

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks for the Contrast, I've always perferred the Curve over all until I got my hands on the Bold, for me, I've waited for the 3G so that of itself is a keeper, not to mention the feature of being able to use Data and Voice at the same time; may not happen to often but I like to have that. I still want to checkout that new Curve though, my daughter has an Upgrade ready so I guess that will be the one.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Although I don't have a Storm yet, I voted for it because I think it will be for me. I apologize to my Curve but I feel as soon as the Storm comes to Canada, it will be out with the old and in with the new

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh wow Storm and Javelin are whooping any other device in this pool :P

tkao2025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    8900 for me....cause T-mobile doesn't carry BOLD If they had, I'd probably still prefer the 8900 simply because I like the small form and 3G is not as important for me.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I am the only one voting for the :
    My BlackBerry model:________ is for me
    I think I am going to hang on to my Curve, and see what else RIM puts out. And read what KaraBear has to say, she seems to have all the scoop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast